Do you know Uber Has More Than 8 Million Users?
Since Uber launched in 2009, it is growing as an enormous business and recently, earned a $62.5 billion valuation. Seeing its dramatic rise, many startups are trying to adopt a business model like Uber. These days, one can easily get “Uber for X” concept to develop an app like Uber for any business type.
Uber Raised Funding of $3.5 Billion from Saudi Arabia’s Sovereign Wealth Fund
On June 1, 2016, $3.5 billion has been raised by Uber from Saudi Arabia’s sovereign wealth fund and also gained a crucial partner in its expansion into the Middle East. This is the Uber’s most recent financing from the Saudi Arabian Public Investment Fund that valued the company at $62.5 billion and also, the most highly valued venture capital-backed company in the world.
In a written statement, Uber co-founder and Chief Executive Officer Travis Kalanick called the investment a “vote of confidence in our business.” The company also said that Yasir Al Rumayyan, a managing director at the Saudi fund will take a seat on Uber’s board.
Apart from, other board members include Huffington Post co-founder Arianna Huffington and Benchmark Capital general partner Bill Gurley. The Saudi’s investment puts the company’s total balance sheet with cash and debt at more than $11 billion.
Uber is made a commitment of inviting $250 million in North Africa and Middle, where it has grown at the fast pace. Now, Uber is operating in nine countries and 15 cities in the region. However, in other regions like China, Uber is competing against ride-hailing startups like Careem. Since early 2014, Uber has operated in Saudi Arabia with 80% are of its women riders.
On-demand applications are a traditional business and thus, most of the startups build taxi app like Uber for South Arabia. If you are thinking to adopt Uber app development service, then you have to focus on the technology rather than providing a service. Remember, it becomes harder to meet expectations from the clients and investors both.
Recently, Uber comes with App Improvement to Meet Driver’s Demands
Uber is trying to enhance the drivers’ experience. A host of software improvements is announced by the company to its app to address driver demands. Talking about the changes, drivers can easily pause ride requests to make easier for drivers to take bathroom breaks and fill their gas tanks. Even, they can have paid instantly for each ride they complete. Drivers can also see on the app’s dashboard to check out their earnings.
Uber has heard from drivers “that there are plenty of things we can do to make driving more empowering and worth your while.” The company said, “Beginning today, we are rolling out a number of features and rewards in more cities to help you get the most out of your time on the road.”
These changes come after the current settlement of a pair of class actions by drivers, who wanted to work as full-time employees rather than contractors. Uber said that it would pay as much as $100 million to roughly 385,000 drivers under the terms of the settlement. Uber also has agreed to support association called the Independent Drivers Guild to provide some limited advantages and worker protections.
Additionally, Uber also announced partner with companies, who are giving tax advice to the drivers. Uber also said that drivers could now get discounts on Uber rides, cell phone data plans, and auto maintenance. The company also created a fuel finder function that allows users to search the cheapest places nearby to fill the gas tank.
Best of all, Uber app will start a ride two minutes after arriving at the rider’s location so, the drivers are paid, if they have wait for passengers.
How to Build Your Own Taxi Booking App like Uber?
Uber customization for taxi solution is available for Android and iOS platform. However, if you want to build your own Uber for South Arabia, hire dedicated developers from Space-O, as we have developed many taxi apps for our global clients. We know Uber functions on two type of applications, i.e. Uber Passenger App for booking taxis and Uber Driver App to accept requests.
Some of the you have an idea about the backend development as well. We are also developing the whole back-end system with multiple servers in the data centers, processes, distributed databases and many other things. Developing an app is easy, but creating a back-end system for that application is quite difficult and expensive as well.
However, the concern for any client is to hire a reliable developer or company for their Uber app development project. When hiring Space-O Technologies, we ensure to add following features.
Passenger App Features
- Register Option Available for Passenger to Register from Their Mobile App and Start booking cabs.
- Pickup Location enables passengers to set their location by setting the destination on the map or through Google Places.
- Register Card option allows passengers to make payment automatically directly from the application.
- Track Drivers allows you to track the availability of drivers and set the location of the pickup after logging in.
- Choose Cab Type lists the taxi type and other details like price per km, the price charged per minute and minimum fare and so on.
- Integrating Payment Gateways to add various modes of payments.
- See the Booking History of passengers through an application.
- Automatic Payment deducts the amount automatically and send the invoice later to the passenger’s phone and registered email ID.
- Review and Rating allow passengers to rate the driver and write a textual review about their journey.
- Fare Calculator calculates distance between the pick-up and destination point by using Google API’s
- Live Tracking update track the taxi live on user’s application from the pick-up point. It shows starting to end of the journey.
Driver App Features:
- Register option allows drivers to sign-up from their mobile application, however, it gets approved and live when the admin approves their profile.
- Booking enables drivers to approve or disapprove any new booking requests with 15 seconds.
- Google Navigation helps a driver to get voice driven directions about the pickup and destination location.
- The Driver updates a status of the passenger when a passenger has accepted or rejected the booking, reached pick-up point and dropped the passenger.
- Drivers can track the Booking History of the passenger through an application and check the status.
Have You Decided to Build Your Own Uber Type of App?
You might be thinking how much does it cost to develop your own Uber type app. we have analyzed in-depth and calculated man-hours for development of a ride sharing app like Uber, Lyft clone. We are adding innovation in taxi business through taxi business apps and deliver the wow-booking & manage experience to user.