This story lies information for taxi startups and entrepreneurs who want to develop a successful taxi-booking app like Uber. Let’s check out what is inside this story?
Whenever we talk about ride-hailing or ride-sharing services, we always strike with one word i.e. Uber. The company is not only famous due to its unique business model, but the Unicorn company is famous because of its disruptive solutions and explosive growth that make it one of the most fascinating companies in the market. Let’s check out the revenue, stats and latest trends of Uber, which will help you during taxi-booking app development.
On the fundamental level, Uber is known because of its on-demand transportation service, which simply enables customers or users to book a taxi via a mobile app.
Moving ahead, check out some essential app features of Uber, which startups can consider while developing a successful taxi booking app.
To build an app like Uber, here are some essential features that startups can consider during taxi app development.
1. Geolocation: To create one of the successful apps like Uber, the geolocation feature is essential. To identify the user’s location, the driver can easily get where he/she should go to pick up the rider. Likewise, the Uber-like app is beneficial for driving directions to drivers. To show point-to-point direction on the map, the driver can easily reach to rider’s location. So, the geolocation feature is a must-have to integrate while developing an app similar to Uber.
2. Push Notifications: Once the cab or taxi is booked, Uber sends notifications, including
3. Payment Integration: To develop an app like Uber, startups need to know that Uber prefers the cash free system; however, it does not mean that the company is not accepting cash payments. The app user can easily pay via multiple payment options like credit/debit cards, e-wallets, and cash. Additionally, users can pay for the trip using the promo code or gift card where they can enter the code, and get discount for the trip.
4. Rating & Reviews: This feature allows users to rate and review the drivers after completing the trip. Along with the riders, drivers can also give rating and feedback about the riders. Considering rating and review feature plays an important role if you want to develop an app like Uber.
1. Schedule The Ride (in Advance): To provide convenience to your riders, allow them to schedule the ride as it is an advanced feature, which you need to consider.
Image Source: uber
Such feature works simple as ordinary cab booking does, but the user needs to select date and time to book their ride in advance.
2. Preferred Driver: One of the valuable features is to allow users to book a ride with their preferred driver. This feature is worth to include if you have ever planned to create an app like Uber.
3. Past Trip Detail: When it comes to providing convenience to your users, it is important to enable users to check previous trips’ details. Plus, the user can also check information about its upcoming rides if they have booked any.
4. Book a Ride for a Friend or Family: Let the user book a cab for his or her friends or family. The feature ‘Choose Who’s Riding’ lets user to search the contact number of the person who wants to take the trip.
1. UberPOOL: It includes the ride-sharing service for the cheapest transportation options. As Uber allows its users to book a cab under UberPool where users have shared booking. And, this ride option can provide riders to save money. However, it is an affordable option, but it takes a little longer in order to reach the destination of rider. Like Uber, you can also provide an affordable option to your customers to book a ride.
2. UberGO: It costs the low-cost or affordable ride option as compared to UberX. Make sure, you also provide one such option to your riders, where they can book ride on low-cost.
3. UberX: It is one of the standard options to take a ride as it includes the cars, which are luxury ones. For business-class people, you can also one such option, where people can book luxurious cars for their rides.
Being a startup, if you want to build a successful business model like Uber, check out these takeaways that you can consider while developing your own taxi booking app like Uber. Have a look!
So, if you as a startup are ready to take a plunge to embark with the ride-hailing services and get Uber-like success, then you just need to learn from the aforesaid takeaways that help you to develop a successful taxi app business like Uber and Lyft. So, if you have got an idea on the taxi-hailing app, then you can cross-verify it with us as we are a leading mobile app development company and have already developed over 50 on-demand taxi booking apps.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion regarding taxi-booking app development, you can get in touch with us through the below-given form and one of our sales representatives will revert to you within 48 hours. The consultation is absolutely free of cost.
You may also like:
Get your free consultation now