This blog contains information for those startups and the entrepreneurs who are interested in developing a successful stock trading app like Robinhood. Here, we mentioned essential features that you can consider before creating your own trading app.
The rapid advancement of technology has changed how the whole world approaches the finances. From mobile banking to expense tracking, funds receiving to transferring, there’s an app for our every single need. The stock trading application is one such category, that is also booming in the mobile app industry. These investing apps ease buying and selling investments without a need of a stockbroker. Let’s know more about the free stock trading app.
What Do We Mean By Free Stock Trading App?
As we already know that the stock market has always been a complicated sector to understand. So, let’s start with the best stock trading apps first.
Stock trading apps: Stock trading apps are the mobile applications, which offer commission-free trading of equities and Exchange Trading Funds (ETFs) with real-time data. One of the best things about the stock trading apps is that these apps are meant for both experienced and newbies.
Free Stock Trading App: When it comes to “free” stock trading app, it gives users the valuable insights regarding hottest investment opportunities in real time at free of cost. Additionally, these best investment apps provide users with the real-time updates about the best stock analysis apps market as well.
Talking about the market leaders in the stock trading apps, Robinhood has secured the top place in the list. So, let’s know more about this stock trading app for Android and the top features that make it stand out from others.
Launched back in 2014, Robinhood is a stock brokerage mobile application that allows users to buy and sell the U.S listed stocks and ETFs with zero commission. Built with an aim to provide no-fee stock trading, Robin hood app is the top stock trading app in the US market.
In the year 2017, the financial tech company, Robinhood raised $110 million with a $1.3 billion valuation that made it Silicon Valley’s Unicorn. According to the latest report from TechCrunch, the new fundraise would bring Robinhood to $539 million in funding.
According to the latest news from TechCrunch, this popular free stock trading app has declared a massive $323 million round led by DST Global. To date, the company has added more than $860 million in venture capital funding.
Undoubtedly, the app has quickly managed to become famous among stock market enthusiasts because of its exceptional business model. Now, let us browse through the insights of the all-time leader of the stock trading app, Robinhood.
According to the latest news from crunchbase.com, Robinhood is in the news for raising another capital money at a higher valuation. As per the reports, the company is near to close of a funding round from existing investors at a valuation of between $7 billion and $8 billion.
Gleaning Insights of Robinhood
- The all-time leader in the stock brokerage app, Robinhood already has a wait-list of more than 500,000 people in its cryptocurrency trading feature.
- In 2017, Robinhood trading app joined Fintech Unicorn Club. Moreover, It is also not surprising that the average age of its users is 26, however, 25% of them are first-time investors. In 2017, Robinhood app has been valued at $1.3B that was an impressive result for tech startups.
- Crypto and stock trading startup, Robinhood has opened cryptocurrency trading, and more than 4 million people have signed up to open accounts at Robinhood Inc. as the brokerage app, which provides commission-free trading of Bitcoin and Ethereum.
- Apart from this, Robinhood investing managed to become the very first financial mobile app to win an Apple Design Award due to its UX design and usability.
- According to the latest news, Robinhood is nearing of a funding round from existing investors at a valuation of between $7 billion and $8 billion.
- Robinhood’s User Growth: In the below image, you can see the graph is exponentially growing.
4 Powerful Features Behind the Success of Robinhood (Stock Trading App)
1. Account Protection: Provides Users a Secured and Trusted Platform
Undeniably, investment always comes with the risks. However, the free stock trading app like Robinhood has broken the old scenario. When it comes to finance and investment, security is one of the major concerns. And this is what app users expect the most. This is especially if the confidential credentials asked by the mobile applications. When handling the information in the stock trading app, it is important to provide your app users with security measures, which ensure them to protect their assets and personal information.
Let’s take one example, Robinhood which provides a secured and trusted platform to its app users. The company is also a member of FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) and SIPC (Securities Investors Protection Corporation) that protects securities of users up to $500,000. In short, it gives a secured platform to use.
So, before creating a stock trading app like Robinhood, it is important to you as a startup to provide essential security measures to protect the personal and confidential information of users like bank account details and passwords.
2. A Well-Designed App: User-friendly UI Design
You might be aware of the fact that the stock exchange is not easy to understand. So, before creating a stock trading app like Robinhood, startups need to consider following points:
- When it comes to creating an easy-to-use app, it is all about user-friendly UI design that plays an important role. An app user constantly seeks information about the slight changes, monitor market information from stock exchanges and easy-to-use form in the stock monitoring app.
- Additionally, the process of trading in the app must be as easier as liking someone’s post on Facebook. It is important to provide a seamless process of trading that can be only provided if it is user-friendly UI design in the app.
Therefore, a well-designed structure makes Robinhood likable among its users. A user-friendly UI design is another pivotal feature, which startups need to consider before creating a stock market trading app like Robinhood stock trading.
3. Smart Notifications
Another feature is – smart notifications, which is common yet essential to consider. Such a feature provides app users customized news and push notifications of scheduled events like earnings, dividends or splits in advance. Users can get notifications via email or SMS.
By getting the latest information on the stock market, users can get up-to-date information at the right time. Furthermore, an ideal stock trading app must provide users a range of usable features like statistics and market analysis, stock market utility integration, history of holdings and customer support.
4. Users Can Track Real-Time Market Data
To build a successful stock trading app, it is important to provide your users with an ability to track real-time market data. With this feature, users can get the latest market data from exchanges. Also, app users can get timely quotes for free at any time and anywhere. Thus, you can consider this handy feature, because, it can cut expensive fees of brokerages.
So, if you have ever thought of creating an app like Robinhood, then you can provide your app users with some additional handy features like pricing filters and fastest execution, which will be beneficial for them.
Are You Ready to Build an Exceptionally Clever Business Model Like Robinhood?
A FinTech company, Robinhood has come up with an exceptionally clever business model in terms of the stock trading mobile app. This business model has already accepted by millions of people.
So, to build a clever business model like Robinhood, it is important an ideal mobile stock app must be secured enough for personal credentials of users like bank accounts, debit and credit card information and social security numbers.
The stock exchange is pretty hard to master, however, the development of a right stock trading app can make trades much easier if it is done by any professional iOS/Android app development company. Also, it is essential that the team of developers, who work on such apps, must be specialist and have profound knowledge.
If you may have a plethora of questions like –
- How much does it stock investing app like Robinhood?
- I have a stock trading app idea, how can I cross-verify it?
- I just want to discuss my idea on apps for trading stocks. What’s the right way to start with?
There’s a simple way to do this. All you just have to fill up the below-given form with your query and we’ll revert you within 48 hours.
Last updated on 28th May 2019 to include news about new funding.
This page was last edited on May 15th, 2020, at 9:56.