The demand for marijuana is increasing with the growing adoption of cannabis as a pharmaceutical product for treating severe medical conditions like cancer, arthritis, and other neurological conditions. According to Grand View Research, the global legal marijuana market size is expected to reach USD 66.3 billion by the end of 2025. Thus, if you are a medical marijuana dispensary or cannabis startup, you need to consider to develop a mobile app for your startup or dispensary. A mobile app helps you to reach more audiences in less time and expand business in the countries where marijuana is legal. Herein we have curated 3 Uber for medical cannabis app ideas that can create online business opportunities for your traditional medical cannabis dispensary.
Uber has revolutionized the mobility industry, it has changed the ways of running the old businesses. Be it laundry business, cleaning business, restaurant business and any other business. Now, it has moved rapidly towards the on-demand cannabis business too.
The market of the cannabis industry is showing an incredible annual growth of 24.1% from 2019 to 2025. It is the fastest-growing industry in the USA. With an idea of Uber for weed, companies associated with it have been making a huge profit. So, if you are a cannabis startup or running cannabis dispensary and want to make a huge profit, it’s a high time to enter the market with an online platform. Before discussing cannabis app ideas that you can develop, let’s have a quick look at some interesting facts and market size of the cannabis industry.
Legal Weed/Cannabis Market Size and Growth
- Recently, as of February 2019, marijuana has been legalized in 10 US states for individuals over age 21. These states are California, Alaska, Oregon, Washington, Maine, Colorado, Nevada, Vermont, Michigan, Massachusetts, District of Columbia. On the other hand, medical marijuana is now legal in 33 US states.
- By 2030 the US cannabis industry will reach $80 billion.
- According to Grand View Research, the global legal marijuana market size is expected to reach USD 66.3 billion by the end of 2025.
- As the industry is continuously growing, there are new tailored technological advancements in the form of HR tech or order management platforms specifically to cannabis businesses. The cannabis industry market has some key players like Eaze, Leaf that are boosting the genre in a systematic way.
So, after looking at these facts, let’s dive into mobile app ideas to develop Uber for the medical cannabis app in order to unleash some better business opportunities online.
3 Mobile App Development Ideas for Uber for Medical Cannabis
#1 Live video streaming app
We are living in the 21st century, but still, hesitate to ask certain questions to our doctors in person when it comes to cannabis and weed. There are many people who can’t talk about it openly but want to know genuine information regarding medical marijuana. Being a cannabis startup or in the Uber for medical cannabis business, you can develop a live streaming app.
With the advent of Instagram IGTV and Facebook Live, the facility of streaming has gone viral and is effective too. Now, what can your cannabis startup cover through a live video streaming platform?
Through a live streaming weed app, you can live stream stories of new medical inventions through cannabis. You can also allow the marijuana community to make and share video loops, comment and chat with other experts and members. If you are thinking about how it is useful to them, here is your answer. Live to stream, communicating and chatting with experts will help users to know about legal marijuana, its benefits and the right quantity to take.
Key features to integrate into live video streaming app for Uber for medical cannabis
- Online video streaming: Through videos, you will impart knowledge to your online users on how cannabis medicine works in a human body, how are the medicines made (production to dispatch process), you can also give some farming tips. Thus, online videos engage people and share apt information about your business. This also builds trust in your audience and creates awareness in the market.
- Chatbots: Interact with the users through in-app chat, this will make your users comfortable to share their problems which they are not able to share in person. They can ask any query or confusion regarding weed and its consumption.
- Live streaming: Through this feature, you can easily win a loyal customer as you are portraying your actual work. To be among the best weed apps, the live streaming functionality must have a robust infrastructure and good content that portrays your business goals.
#2 Medical Marijuana Delivery App
In this on-demand economy, your business can also be “the Amazon of weed” by investing in marijuana delivery app development. With such fast growth in the medical marijuana dispensary, cannabis delivery service will be a convenient option for your users.
Gen Z will conveniently order their medicines through your Uber for medical cannabis app, without leaving their comfort zone. Thus, home deliveries or the same day delivery of medicines will make your app accessible 24*7 and you will also encourage gig economy trends through your app development.
Key features of the home delivery app for Uber for medical cannabis
- List of marijuana: Provide your users with a variety of weed options along with their medical benefits. If you want your app’s navigation easy, integrate a search filter that will help users to search particular weed or cannabis and avoid scrolling in the app.
- In-app ordering: Through in-app ordering, the users will be able to order legal medical marijuana and track past and current orders easily. The app users can also know the status of the orders with just a single click.
- Payment gateway integration: To keep a proper payment record and secured online money transfer, integrate trusted payment gateways. Paypal, Braintree, Stripe, are some of the known platforms in the payment mobile app development industry. In fact, we have already integrated these payment gateways in over 1500 mobile apps.
- Real-time tracking: Order tracking will help both parties, businesses, and users. To keep a track of the fleets, and to find the loopholes in the delivery system, a geolocation map integration is very much important for the business. For users, it builds a trustworthy relationship that allows them to trace their order and to check its status through push notifications.
#3 Information-based App
An Uber for medical cannabis can also be an informative platform. Online users can discover ideal weed strains to recommended strain lists, with an ‘Uber weed near me’ option. You can also impart knowledge on the ideal proportion of weed intake, harmful weed, purification of cannabis. Your app can be a one-stop guide for marijuana solutions.
Key features of the informative app for Uber for medical cannabis
- Learn about cannabis: Provide your users with useful information related to types of cannabis. Yes, there is everything on the net, but you can curate and filter niche information related to specific cannabis. Make your users find strains by effects, benefits, feelings, aromas through in-app games, which will help them to recognize the weed in-person.
- GPS map integration: Through map integration, you can guide your online users with cannabis near me outlets, medical dispensaries that provide weed medications. You can also represent farms producing weed, rehabs for weed de-addiction, expert doctors available in the locality.
- Trending cannabis news: Your on-demand cannabis app can become a source of knowledge. You can integrate recent legalization culture related to weed, trending news updates for weed companies and producers.
Expert tip: Make your user browse through dispensary menus, view deals and specials, read user reviews, and receive daily notifications from your favorite medical marijuana dispensaries and retail weed stores.
Want to invest in cannabis app development idea?
You have just gone through some on-demand Uber for medical cannabis app development ideas. We deliver a complete Uber Clone for on-demand weed delivery solutions to take your marijuana dispensary business online within a few weeks. Consider these ideas at the time of developing your own weed app for Android or iPhone.
Being a startup of the medical marijuana dispensary, if you have any weed delivery app idea or on-demand cannabis app development idea in mind, cross-verify it with us. We are a leading mobile application development company who are striving in the app world for over a decade with the utmost knowledge and experienced team.
If you have any query or confusion related to Uber for weed delivery app development cost, customized on-demand cannabis app solutions, Indian app developers cost, how to hire app developer for cannabis app development, get in touch with us through our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will get back to you shortly. The consultation won’t cost you any money.
You may like: