This blog encompasses a few top reasons why you as a mHealth (mobile health) startup or entrepreneur need to create your own telemedicine app. Let’s check them out.
No matter in which era we live in, healthcare has always been matter. Undoubtedly, the healthcare industry is thriving due to the fact that the global annual health spending reached $7.077 trillion in 2015, and this metric should balloon to $8.734 trillion dollars by 2020. This trillion dollar industry will be reaching new heights. In between, we also came across the news, which is all about the future predictions of the healthcare industry. According to the latest report from TechCrunch, “Healthcare by 2028 will be doctor-directed and patient-owned, and all these will be powered by visual technologies.”
The reasons for the growth of the healthcare sectors are so many. However, a few reasons –
- The high costs of dementia care and treatment
- Chronic diseases
All top of it, taking care of health is no more optional now, but it has become optional.
Some Glossary Terms –
Telemedicine: It refers to deliver the remote delivery of healthcare services like health consultations over telecommunications. It also allows doctors or app users to evaluate, diagnose and treat patients by using common techniques such as video conferencing without the need for physical presence.
mHealth (mobile health): In medical care, mHealth is a general term in the usage of mobile phones. It is the use of mobile devices to educate people about preventive healthcare services.
Image Credits: dr on demand
A few Insights into Healthcare: Market Size & Important Stats
If you have ever thought of creating mHealth (mobile health) or telemedicine app, then it is worth watching the following stats:
- The Global health care expenditures are expected to grow at an annual rate of 5.4% between 2017-2022, from USD $7.724 trillion to USD $10.059 trillion.
- The global medical imaging market will reach $12 billion by 2028, and totaling 13% of the market, which is up from 3% in 2018.
- In this graph, you can see the healthcare spending varies by country. The spending is expecting due to be driven by aging, plus a growing population. However, North America is the leading one in healthcare spending, followed by Western Europe, Asia, Latin America, Middle East & Africa.
3 Reasons Why mHealth (Mobile Health) Startups Need to Create Their Own Telemedicine Apps
Reason #1: Telemedicine Will Be Ahead Over Traditional Clinic Visits
Before going ahead, it would be better to explain the term B&M i.e. Brick and mortar. It refers to the physical presence in terms of the store of any business or organization in a building or other structure. On the other hand, telemedicine provides a time-saving way for consumers in order to see and speak to doctors online through video calls.
- According to the latest report from TechCrunch, “By 2028, telemedicine will be more common way in order to visit or approach to doctors.” Furthermore, telemedicine will make doctors accessible and easier to communicate with.
- Telemedicine can also replace all digitized health records of patients’ visits. However, it is responsible for the costs of logistics, plus regional gaps in particular medical expertise.
- The telemedicine apps also allow patients to book ambulance and stroke patients can be treated fast.
- Telemedicine apps do not only beneficial for patients, but such app allows doctors to call their colleagues and specialists in real-time.
Well, this is one of the greatest reasons, which make you decide to dive into healthcare niche. And, if you still have not decided to develop healthcare apps, then this is a definite reason, which will help you to dive into this sector.
Reason #2: RPM (Remote Patient Monitoring) will be a Greatest Factor in the Growth of Telemedicine
Before heading to the next reason, it is important to understand the term, RPM (Remote Patient Monitoring). RPM is also known as homecare telehealth. Well, RPM is a kind of ambulatory healthcare, which allows patients to use a mobile medical device in order to perform the routine test. And, these tests can be able to send the test data to healthcare professionals in real-time.
Image credits: upmcphysicianresources
Talking about the RPM devices like Apple Watch, it is one of the primary sources of real-time patient data, where medical decisions that take into the account. And, this personal data is collected and owned by patients themselves. And, such records can be shared with doctors. So, if you are planning to develop mHealth apps, then it is a high time to develop one.
Reason #3: Visual Tech Will Transform The Healthcare Industry
Over the next decade, the visual technologies will definitely transform the phase of the healthcare industry. The future of personalized healthcare is visual technology. Real-time audio and video communication will become the future of healthcare niche. So, the real question is how one can achieve this? In the field of medicine, the mHealth apps have totally changed the way patients interact with doctors.
Image Credits: pcmag
There are a number of opportunities in visual technologies across treatment, continuing care, prevention, and diagnosis, which will help people to make healthier.
Healthcare Sector Will be Guided by Virtual Doctors. Are You Ready to Create Your Own Telemedicine App?
By 2028, the healthcare sector will experience a lot of transformation for better, and it will be guided by virtual doctors and patients, powered by visual tech.
Being a mHealth startup, if you are planning to dive into healthcare niche with a booming healthcare idea, then you can cross-verify it with us as we’re a leading iOS app development company. And, we’ve already developed over 60 healthcare apps along with unique features and functionalities like real-time tracking, multi-lingual support, social media integration, payment gateway integration, cross-platform ability, in-app messaging, and online support.
In case, if you still have any query like:
- How much does it cost to develop the mHealth app?
- How long does it take to create telemedicine app?
- What would be the mHealth (mobile health) app development timeline?
Then, you can get in touch with us through our contact us form. One of our sales representatives would like to assist you with you from idea to execution. The consultation is absolutely free of cost.
You may also like: