Whether you have a fine-dining hotel or a takeaway joint, you must be facing the burden of managing restaurant operating costs, attracting & retaining customers, payroll issues for tipped employees and other inventory management problems that can be solved through the online food ordering system. Yes, online food ordering system can manage your entire business at one platform. Find a complete guide on creating an online food ordering system along with its stats, purpose of the system, features, revenue model and estimated cost. We wrote this blog with the guidance of our food and drink app consultant.
The food industry is transforming with online food ordering apps.
Online food ordering systems help in notifying the right people at the right time. It is not just about flexibility; it’s about protecting the customer base by staying connected with them. There are some explosive growth examples when it comes to online food ordering websites and apps. The best food ordering apps around the globe are UberEats, FoodPanda, Postmates, GrubHub, Seamless, which have made the food ordering and delivery marketplace encouraging with business ideas.
As you have decided to dive into the mobile app world with your food ordering system. To assure your decision, we being a leading mobile app development company have analyzed some major growth statistics of the food delivery apps.
Statistics of Online Food Ordering System
- Online food delivery market is expected to hit $161.74billion by 2023. America is the second most favorable market for online food delivery and is expected to grow at CAGR 11.7%. The U.S.A, Canada, Mexico are the key drivers in running the online food solution economy.
- By 2020, food delivery app usage will surpass to 44 million people in the U.S., reaching nearly 59.5 million by 2023. By then, a little less than one-quarter of all smartphone users will be app users, compared to 16.3% in 2019.
After studying these stats for on demand food ordering and delivery genre, there is no doubt about the successful growth ratio of your food ordering and delivery startup. Now, after knowing the scope of your online food business, let’s take you through what exactly does an online food ordering system provide to your food business.
Purpose of Online Food Ordering System
Online food ordering system is a systematic structure to improve and simplify the efficiency of the ordering process for both customer and restaurant. It minimizes the manual data accuracy and security during the order placement process.
To maintain a healthy customer relationship for your new food startup, ordering system generates day to day business analytics that makes you understand the pros and cons of your business more effectively. By bringing every requirement in one place, it makes all the business operations quite easy.
At Space-O Technologies, we have helped various food businesses, startups, cafes, and restaurant chains to double their business revenue through food ordering and delivery apps like Zomato, Postmates, and DoorDash. From designing to deploying an app to the App Stores, our mobile app experts will take care of your requirements no matter what type of restaurant mobile app you want for your restaurant business.
After learning about the purpose of developing an online food ordering system, let’s dive into the features that you can consider while creating your own food ordering system.
Key Features of Online Food Ordering System
The features play an important role when you have to make an intuitive and easy to navigate website or app. Always include features which are actual need of your target audience. Make their work easy by making your online presence naturally interactive experience.
With our experience in web and mobile app solutions, we make sure to make the “Order Placing” & “Payment” feature with utmost sync and simple integrations. This helps a customer to know the functionalities easily.
Within a calendar week, one can go online with his restaurant or food joint with the below features.
Core Features of Customer’s App Like GrubHub
- Searching menu: Allow your users to search for different restaurants, cafes, pubs, and bars by location and cuisines. Using the search filter, users can easily find their favorite eating places.
- Order placement: With an easy-to-order feature, the user can place an order of selected dishes and food with just a few simple taps on the screen. They just need to cross-verify their preferred dish and proceed check-out.
- Tracking of Drivers: With real-time tracking feature, it becomes easy for the users to track delivery drivers and know their real-time location information. Users can check how much time a driver will take to reach their food parcel.
- Payment gateway integration: Integrate your app like GrubHub and UberEats with Payment Gateways like Braintree or Stripe and allow users to pay by credit/debit card. Make sure that you provide the users with multiple payment options.
Core Features of Driver’s App Like GrubHub
- Driver’s profile: Through this feature, a driver can keep his profile update. It contains his full name, address, email, contact number, photo, and other personal information.
- Notification for orders: Through push notifications, drivers can get constant updates & alerts for new orders. It will help in accurate delivery service of your restaurant.
- Map for the delivery route: Integrate Google Map or Waze and allow drivers to choose the shortest and fastest routes to reach the location. With on-time delivery, you can delight your customers.
Core Features of Admin Panel of Food Ordering System
- Restaurant management: Being on admin panel, one can directly manage all the restaurants by adding, updating, and removing any eating joint from the list. He can also check active restaurant status.
- Analytics & report generation: Using analysis and report feature, you can get real-time insights of reports and other accounting information which helps you to identify the growth and opportunities to expand reach.
- Monitoring every action: Monitor all the drivers, deliveries, ratings & reviews of drivers, canceled orders, and other important data related to the driver’s performance.
- Payment and commission management: Allow owners to set payment and commission rate and manage it directly from the panel with every single partner and make payments.
Apart from these features in your online food ordering system, at Space-O Technologies we suggest our clients with CRM and eStock management integration.
- Customer Relationship Management (CRM)
This web or mobile-based software solution helps in organizing the comprehensive data regarding customers. Their current order patterns, sales details, transaction details, likes-dislikes, canceled orders. It is a fusion of customer feedback and loyal customer database.
- Estock Management
Such a software solution in food ordering system helps in raw material management, stock availability, consumption report (monthly/yearly), and stock expiration date. The user can also set limits to use the stocks, whenever it goes above the limit, it can automatically trigger restock notifications.
Now, after integrating these features the major question arising in your mind will be how to make revenue from the online food ordering system. We have curated some monetary ways for the business.
Make Money With Online Food Ordering System
Before investing in the on demand delivery app, understand the different methods to create a money-making app. As you are planning for an on demand app development such revenue-generating tactics will help balance your business with apt income sources.
- Online food ordering systems partner with local restaurants that offer home delivery and prepare a database for efficient customer order management.
- For every order placed through the website or app, the restaurant gives a pre-decided commission.
- A restaurant can also use your platform for exclusive publicity through advertisement on the homepage.
You might be thinking about the profit part after the app or website is made. We have studied for you the profit factors, which will give you assurance on your dicey decision of online platform.
How Food Ordering System is Profitable for Your Business
Analyze & bring more business
The analysis provides exact information regarding your visitors, locations, abandoned cart. It even makes business promotion process easy and engages more customers attention towards you.
With the help of such business insights, you can come across the list of areas where the business is doing well and where it is not. So based on this analysis, you can work easily in the weaker areas specifically for more business.
Efficient customer management
Customer relationship management (CRM) system comes to an entire streamline of the entire ordering process starting from order placement to order delivery. The best food ordering apps or websites also have an address capturing system with GPS and avoids delivery delays. Such functioning helps in retaining customers and creates a good impression on the new users.
Online business promotion
The online food ordering system builds a marketing platform and allows you to create some customer loyalty programs like sending marketing/promotional emails or SMS that helps to retain your customers with you.
By enhancing your brand’s online presence, it helps in boosting your sales with additional new and returning customers. Also by integrating advanced ordering feature that facilitates customers with scheduling future orders can increase your online traffic and business profitability.
How Much Does it Cost to Develop Online Food Ordering System?
For better understanding about your food app development cost, we have made a list of essential features and their estimated hours.
To help you calculate the cost, our app developers have prepared a calculation method for you.
Suppose that the mobile app development company is charging $30 per hour.
Apply this simple formula.
Estimated Development Hours * Developer’s Hourly Cost = Total Mobile App Development Cost
|Deliverables||Basic Features||Estimated Hours|
|1. Registration/ Login||15 Hrs|
|2. Push Notification||6 Hrs|
|3. Real-Time Tracking||18 Hrs|
|4. Payment Gateway Integration||10 Hrs|
|5. Real-Time Calls & Messages||32 Hrs|
|6. Search Filtration||8 Hrs|
|7. Food Items||14 Hrs|
|8. Delivery/ Pickup||20 Hrs|
|1. Accept-Reject||10 Hrs|
|2. Earning Tracker||18 Hrs|
|3. Availability (Online/Offline)||6 Hrs|
|Admin Web Services||1. Algorithm (Manual/Automatic)||40 Hrs|
|2. User Management||20 Hrs|
|3. Driver’s Ledger||30 Hrs|
|4. Analytics||60 Hrs|
We hope you are able to calculate your online food ordering system cost.
Make Your Own Online Food Ordering System
Now, after going through the online food ordering system business guide, we assume you must have theoretically made the website or app, ready to launch. A mere idea is not what makes app successful, constant improvisation with current technological trends will let you stay a long time in this hyper-competitive market.
So, cross-verify your on-demand food delivery app ideas with us as we are a leading Android app development company based in India, Canada, and the USA. We have already developed over 40 on demand apps for different categories. Have a look at our food delivery apps like Bevy, Fungry, for more of our work, you can visit “our work” section on our website.
In any case, if you have any queries related to on demand delivery app development, app development timeline, food delivery app design, get in touch with us through our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will guide you through it. He will not only clear your doubts or queries but also help you to understand the development process of on demand apps. The consultation won’t cost you any money.
You may like: