There are endless opportunities when we talk about the online transport industry. After the advent of apps like Uber, Lyft, Grab, Waze, every ride hailing option is available at a fingertip. Recently, we met one of our Uber app experts and discussed the top ride sharing app BlaBlaCar which is ruling the Uber carpool world. We discussed this app and listed here 4 lessons that you can consider during carpool app development.
In this overpopulated and fast-moving world, public transport and the taxi app solution companies are lacking behind in providing sufficient commute facilities in the countries. During holiday or festive season, the fleets are hard to be managed, gig workers fall short, and thus online users end up in disappointment.
The direct solution to ride hailing problem is a ride sharing or carpooling service.
Being a travel or transport startup, you can provide your audience with a carpooling app like BlaBlaCar. This France-based Uber Carpool company is valued at $1.6billion and is providing its service in 22 countries, almost all of which are Europe- Belgium, Brazil, Croatia, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Hungary, India, Italy, Luxembourg, Mexico, The Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Spain, Turkey, Ukraine, and the United Kingdom.
Carpool service will give your user a choice to earn as well as reach the destined location by a cheaper mean then hailing a cab. The app world can provide your business with:
- An automated solution by keeping the track records of all the users
- History of ride sharing
- Algorithms that will help match suitable people for a ride
- Online payment facilities
- Keeps track of all the car rentals for effective fleet management
- Provide with road assistance service
Through your app, you can facilitate users with a peer to peer car rental, peer to peer car sharing. And can also go for gig economy services for employment opportunities like a driver or carpool rent. Thus, you can be among the top rideshare apps by providing a proper balance of income, commute, and satisfaction to riders and drivers.
If you have made up your mind to invest your own carpool app development, you need to keep these lessons in mind of the best carpool application BlaBlaCar curated by our expert taxi app consultants.
4 Lessons to Consider for Carpool App Development Curated by Our App Consultant
#1 Automatic match commuters who are departing & arriving in a particular city
When you are providing a carpool app solution, you need to provide a real-time automatic matchmaker option. When a passenger requests a ride, the registered rider who is on the route with his family will automatically get a notification.
Image Credit: BlaBlaCar
With this solution, both parties will get an apt solution for a cheap ride to the same destination. Allow your registered rider to choose the number of passengers, accept the passenger request, and verify the passenger profile before accepting it.
If you are planning to develop a carpool app development, make sure you provide your users with seamless navigation through proper app design. Being in the Uber like app development business for a decade now, we have developed over 50 taxi app solutions with exclusive features and functionalities.
We combine years of experience with in-depth domain knowledge to give out interfaces that are coded clean and enclosed in the latest trends. We follow industry best practices and have created our own unique mobile app design process to speed up things. We align the design to the goal and cause a positive impact on your mind.
#2 Collaborate with other public transports
Being in the sharing economy business, you can keep a business proposal to other public transport like a bus or a taxi. Collaborate with them and provide your users with an in-app cheap transport ticket and luggage allowance with a number of people.
For instance, you can collaborate with a bus fleet management company and allow advance booking through app upto 8-9 passengers with their baggage at a cheap transport ticket.
Thus, this will open more business opportunities for your carpool app. Being a travel and transport business, you can provide users with car and bus rental through a mobile app. This way, word-of-mouth and advertising of your app will bring more online goodwill.
#3 Integrate essential features in the app
Before planning for app design and carpool app development, you need to list down essential features that can be updated in the coming years giving the Uber carpool users a new experience. Here are some of the features curated by one of our app consultants at Space-O Technologies, having an experience of over 13 years in the app development field.
- Multilingual platform- We tend to travel a lot, it is very much important to provide users with their native language, so that they can function in the app without any language barrier.
- Verified driver & rider profiles- To build trust among the parties, allow them to verify each other before accepting the ride. This also creates goodwill for the app and loyal users in the long run.
- Add car model- This feature has to be automatic and manual both. There are many car models and to cover all of them might not be convenient for you. Allow users to manually feed in their cars if they do not appear in the drop-down automatic list.
- Real-time ride tracking- For a user, ‘closest ride’ availability, the estimated time that the ride will take to reach them and approximate time of reaching the destination, everything can be easily tracked through in-app GPS tracker or geolocation facility.
- Payment gateway integration- This allows advance payment and assures the users of availing a particular service. Thus, give your users more options to pay through cash, debit or credit card.
To know more such features, you can discuss with our app consultants free of cost and get your carpool app idea validate. We provide a complete taxi booking app solution, our expert app developers will help you automate everything from bookings and payments to the total number of drivers and taxis.
#4 Provide a unique solution like preferred driver
What if one of your users is not comfortable with a male or female driver ride? Provide your audience to select for their preferred driver. Your carpool app will become a female’s best companion. From a safety viewpoint, your ride sharing service can top the charts.
You can also allow female drivers to choose their trips. Another option can be like the request of a female passenger that will be visible to a female driver only.
There are fewer apps in this genre that are completely into providing carpool service. If you are still hesitating about your app idea, then we have studied the scope of the carpool industry in the coming years.
- According to Research Reports, the global carpool industry show an annual growth of 16% between 2018 and 2025. It is valued at 3483.92 million USD in 2018 and is expected to reach 11426.02 million USD by the end of 2025.
- There is a worldwide increase in carpool vehicles from 2015-2025. Looking at such statistics, through your app development, people can easily generate additional revenue and in return, you will get organic engagement in your app.
Thus, transit is a necessity, and with the growing population, such apps will reduce the traffic and make the transport services more reliable. Looking at these increasing demand and stats, if you have made up your mind to invest in carpool app development, get in touch with us to get the exact cost to develop your Uber like app.
Still have any query or confusion like how do I create a ride share app, carpool app like BlaBlaCar features, Uber like app development cost, or Indian app developers cost? Just fill our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will come up with a plan to make it a real product. The consultation is absolutely free.