This blog contains information for those startups, who are ready to take a plunge to create job search apps like Glassdoor and LinkedIn. Herein we’ve curated top features of job finder app that you can consider.
Hunting for a job is undoubtedly one of the most stressful barriers in one’s life. However, the scenario of searching for the best-suited job has completely changed in recent times as hunting for a job has become a lot easier now. Thanks to the explosion of best job search apps.
The job search is happening 24/7. However, with the help of these apps, the user can create a resume, connect with recruiters, track job listings, and networking opportunities on the go. Now, job seekers can run their job search anywhere, anytime.
Over the past couple of years, the job search is squarely the business of technology with the tedium of resumes, interviews, and salary negotiations streamlined to help job seekers breathe a sigh of relief. Moreover, it goes down differently for everybody as the job search can generally be split into four major categories, including Professional Networking, Job Discovery, Job applications, and Employer Communication.
If we’re talking about the job search mobile apps, then we can’t forget to mention the giants of top job search apps like LinkedIn Job Search and Glassdoor, which are booming in this niche. These apps have emerged to streamline and simplify the whole job search and allowing an increasingly smartphone dominated society to network, search and apply for the job, and communication on their time and on their terms.
Job finder mobile app lets you search for jobs across virtually all other major online job boards like LinkedIn, WayUp, DirectEmployers, CareerBuilder, and others. So, before jumping to top features of job search mobile app, below is the growth of the top job hunting apps as how good are they doing. Let’s have a look!
Key Facts of The Goliath – Glassdoor and LinkedIn Job Search
Launched in 2008, Glassdoor is one of the largest and fastest growing job search mobile apps across the world. The app combines all the jobs with valuable data to make it easy for users to find a job, which is uniquely right for them.
- According to the report from TechCrunch, “Glassdoor company secured $40M in Series H round of funding, valued around $1B for a job search platform in the year 2016”.
- Glassdoor has reviews and insights for more than 700,000 companies in more than 190 countries.
- Approximately 57 million users visit Glassdoor’s mobile app on a monthly basis.
In the competitive world of job market, Glassdoor has been growing since its emergence. According to the SimilarWeb, the graph keeps growing and currently Google Play rank is 13 and Usage rank is 69.
- When it comes to the growth of Glassdoor, then according to App Annie, the company keeps growing that you can see in the below graph.
LinkedIn Job Search
According to LinkedIn, 40% of its 300 million users access the website on mobile devices, so its bid to tap into the wave of the users accessing the website via smart devices that continue apace. In the year 2014, the company had launched its mobile app to apply job search. Check out the below growth points of LinkedIn app till now.
- LinkedIn has 187,000,000 members in 200 territories along with minimum 2 members signing up every second.
- 70% app users are outside from the U.S. It is available with 19 languages versions.
- Over 2,600,000 company pages are on LinkedIn.
- Top 3 countries, in terms of members are the U.S., India, and UK
- Company’s Q3 2016 revenue was $960 million with 17% ($162 million) generated from premium account subscriptions.
- According to the latest news from businessofapps.com, Trala, an app that helps users learn how to play the violin, has raised a $1.29 million seed investment round from LinkedIn CEO Jeff Weiner, lead Origin Ventures and TechStars Ventures.
- In the below image, you can see the growth from the first quarter of 2009 to the third quarter of 2016. In the year 2016, LinkedIn had 467 million members.
- Currently, the total number of LinkedIn users are over 500 million.
- According to the latest report from App Annie, the download ranks of LinkedIn app keeps growing upward that you can see in the below image.
Now, let’s check out what are those common features which can’t miss before developing job hunting apps like Glassdoor and LinkedIn Job Search.
Common Features That You Need to Consider Before Developing Job Search Apps
1. Allows Searching Job By Key Skills, Designations, and Companies
The search option is one of the significant features to include in any job finder app while developing job search apps like Glassdoor and LinkedIn Job Search.
Make sure that the search option allows users to find out the job by key skills, title or designation of the user, and companies.
In simple terms, this feature must be as easy as we search the contact in WhatsApp so that users do not face any problem. Additionally, you can provide your app users to filter their searches in more productive ways to get a relevant job. Apart from this, it would be better if the job requirement shows up salary structure in the search results as it can help users to decide. The more viable and easy features, the more users will be inclined to use the app.
2. To Get Relevant Job Alerts
This feature is one of the fundamentals of any job recruitment apps. To get relevant job alerts time to time, it is a must-have feature of job alerts, and, in this way, app users can get connected to the jobs as what they are looking for. A must-have feature in which job seeker can connect to the outer world of jobs as what he or she wants to get from his/her dream job.
3. In-app communication
We live in an era where technology gives comfort. And, in-app communication makes the communication easier. If we’re talking about businesses, then every area has relied on the power of messaging in order to acquire more users. By providing the seamless messaging platform to app users, you can increasingly expand into the product.
Again, communication is a key feature, which is behind the success of any job searching app. Staying connected with customers is always important in every area. When it comes to mobile apps for job search, there are several ways to connect with job seekers with recruiters like SMS, emails, and push notifications. These ways can be used to keep app users updated regarding the latest jobs, companies, and evolving trends.
In job hunting app, users always want to be heard. Therefore, allowing to talk with the recruiter or the admin in the event of some query can make mobile app noticeable in this niche.
Talking about the membership feature, the app users can use this advanced feature to get premium memberships and access to set of features that are needed.
By providing this feature, your app users do not need to look for the deals again and again. Such feature works great in order to capture the user attention as they are keep reminded about the services, and the best offers, which come with their membership can assure them that they will be provided with the most convenient job opportunities.
5. Cloud Management
Allowing to manage all the data in a much-secured way, it is important to implement cloud technology, which comes as a great deal. However, all the related data corresponding to the app users, recruiters and resume uploaded are stored in the cloud to make the workflow of the businesses very seamless. Well, in a job finder application, cloud technology can help a lot in making the business scalable, monitors and secures all the information and data stored on the secured servers; therefore, protecting the entire business integrity.
A Well-Planned Job Search App Goes a Long Way!
Indeed! If you as a startup have decided to create job finder apps like Glassdoor and LinkedIn Job Search, then you need to consider above-mentioned features of a job search app. It will let your app users take their job searches wherever they go. By providing a set of these handy features, you can help users to perform all the tasks related to job search with the mobile app. And, there is no chance to abandon such mobile apps. In case, if you have these below-mentioned questions related to your job search app idea:
- I have a unique job search app idea. What is the right way to cross-verify it?
- How much does it cost to develop an app like Glassdoor and LinkedIn Job Search?
- What is the significance to develop an MVP (Minimum Viable Product) for app idea?
You can directly consult us through the below-given form as we are a leading app development company and have already developed over 2000 mobile applications in diverse categories. Let us know your queries and our sales representative will right back to you within 48 hrs.
This page was last edited on September 23rd, 2020, at 14:55.