If you run a physical grocery store and still do not have an on-demand grocery delivery app, then this blog is for you. Herein, we’ve gathered top challenges of the on-demand business and how on-demand grocery delivery app can resolve it. Let’s have a look.
The adoption of online grocery is increasing worldwide at a greater pace. However, the way people shop, in the past, has transformed completely. Digital retailing helps companies to deliver what today’s customers expect.
And, it also gives customers diverse ways to shop and access to products and services more than ever before. It is safe to say that consumers are embracing the freedom of shopping whenever and wherever they want. Thanks to mobile apps. However, we can say that people can do purchase at their ease because of mobile apps.
On-demand grocery delivery apps are recognized as fast-paced marketplaces. Now, let us have a look at the growth part of grocery shopping apps.
The Growth of Grocery Delivery Apps
- There’s a good news for all online grocery businesses that online grocery shopping could grow five-fold over the next decade.
- According to the report, American consumers will spend upwards of $100 billion on food-at-home items by 2025.
- Indeed, the number of U.S. households are getting groceries digitally has risen significantly in the recent years and near the future.
- According to the research by Nielson states, approximately 25% of consumers purchase groceries online and for this, they make use of their smartphone and tablet for preparing shopping list, do prices comparison, search discounts and place online orders for groceries.
- As per the Statista, in the U.S., online grocery sales were accounted for $14.1 billion U.S. dollar in the year 2017, and it will grow to $30 billion by 2021.
- Furthermore, grocery apps like Amazon Go and Instacart have already stolen the spotlight, hence, there is no turmoil left in saying that the future of online grocery delivery or grocery mobile applications will continue to bloom henceforward.
- Talking about one of the most popular on-demand grocery apps, Instacart, San Francisco-based startup, has raised $600 million at a $7.6 billion valuation. The company has raised the funds just six months after it brought in a $150 million round.
If you run a physical grocery store, and you don’t yet have the mobile app, then you might be facing following challenges that mobile app solution can resolve.
Top 3 Reasons to Develop On-demand Grocery Delivery App
1. Loyal Customers
It is not easily possible to gain loyal customers. It generally, takes 10 times more effort to convert a new user into buyer as compared to converting an existing user to do the same. As per the report, existing users spend 67% more than the new customers.
After understanding the importance of loyal customers, there are many companies who have started offering loyalty programs in their grocery mobile apps by providing discounts coupons, reward points, etc. With a grocery shopping app, it is easy to reach to more customers and allow them to reach to your online store at any time anywhere.
Therefore, startups or grocery business owners need to have on-demand apps for grocery delivery, where you will be able to retain your customers and convert them into loyal ones.
In the today’s fast-moving world, people are short of time to go out and spend their entire time to shop or buy their needs. So, users are preferring online markets to do shopping. If they can do the same on mobile, then it would be more convenient for them.
Customers can experience the ease of shopping with mobile apps. As per the report, “25% of people who are staying in the big cities prefer mobile apps to buy their groceries, and it is expected that it would cross 50% more in the upcoming years”.
Moreover, the grocery shopping ordering reduces the inconvenience of grocery selection by eradicating the trips to physical stores. Further, it allows shoppers to purchase more items instantly by category-wise, whereas the trip to the grocery store is more difficult as they have to find every single product on their own.
3. Customer Engagement
With the help of on-demand service mobile apps, the business can avoid barriers between service providers and users for engagement. It also helps businesses to understand exact user requirement via customer feedback.
However, the prompt services make customers happy when it comes to shopping for either groceries or any other item. So, the mobile app solution can help them to enjoy prompt service of your business. And, it also helps to boost your revenue.
Above we have mentioned the top reasons to develop an on-demand grocery delivery app if you are running a grocery business. By providing the grocery shopping app solution, you can also create a successful grocery business like Amazon Now and Instacart. In a nutshell, a mobile app for your business can help you to take your customer experience to the next level.
With increasing demand for on-demand services, it’s high time to create an on-demand grocery app for your grocery business, allowing your customers to experience advance level of services.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion related to on-demand grocery shopping app development or how much does it cost to develop an Uber delivery app development? then, you can get in touch with us as through our contact us form. As we’re a leading iOS app development company and have already developed over 60 apps in the on-demand category. One of our sales representatives will revert to you within 16 hours. The consultation is absolutely free of cost!
You may also like: