Uberization’ of the logistics industry is occurring rapidly. With apps like Uber Freight, Convoy, Transfix, the freight services have got new autonomous technology. If you are wondering to develop online cloud-based platform for the transport and logistics industry, we have curated 3 actionable tips that you can consider to make a successful Uber freight app development.
With mobile apps, the transport industry has got the potential to make the logistics much more efficient and organized by matching the consumer demands directly with the source. This has eliminated the dealing with middlemen or third-party brokers.
If you are planning to create an ‘Uber for trucking’ app, then you might be aware of the problems faced by truckers, dockworkers and other freight companies. Generally, issues faced by heavy vehicle logistics like cargo and truck is to drive back from a job with an empty container, field phone calls from unrelenting freight brokers, and late payments.
Living in the world of technological advancements like a trucking app like Uber, you can easily meet effective solutions like supply chain management, domestic transport, and courier, private fleet manager, third-party logistics provider, online payment management.
Our app consultants at Space-O Technologies have studied some interesting facts and figures which clearly state the growth of the logistics industry in the coming years.
Growth of the Logistics Industry
- According to the American Trucking Association, nearly 71% of all the freight tonnage moved in the U.S. goes on trucks. To move 10.5 billion tons of freight annually requires over 3.6 million heavy-duty Class 8 trucks and over 3.5 million truck drivers. Thus, there is a growing demand for quick and flexible logistics business model.
- The global logistics market was worth 10.32 Billion USD in 2017 and it is estimated to grow to 12.68 Billion USD by 2023 with an annual growth of 3.49% between 2017 and 2023.
- The graph indicates the exponential growth of Uberization of the trucking industry. It also shows that there will be immense growth in the upcoming years.
- Texas, California, Illinois, Georgia, NewJersey, Florida, Nevada are the regions that have shown more interest in the logistics industry.
Factors such as rising disposable incomes, dual-income households, constant urbanization have encouraged consumers across both developed and emerging economies to follow upcoming logistics trends.
Now, let’s quickly move on to some interesting tips that you as a logistics company and transport tech-startup can take into consideration for your Uber freight app development.
3 Actionable Tips From Our App Consultant To Make a Successful Uber Freight App Development
#1 Enhance the last-mile delivery trends along with quick shipments
In the world of one-click overnight and same day deliveries, brokers on a telephone are a time consuming and costly way of arranging shipments. To be among the best trucking apps, you need to manage last-mile deliveries for timely shipping through apps.
The question may arise in your mind regarding the management of timely deliveries. We, at Space-O Technologies, have developed both mobile and web-based fleet management solutions which help to manage 10 or 10000 vehicles without a hassle.
Through real-time tracking, you can easily track your vehicles and their whereabouts through geolocation. With the help of a job scheduling solution, you can distribute jobs as per your driver and vehicle convenience. This will help you in delivering the shipments on time. To avoid on-route mishaps and meet the loopholes, you can also get a detailed history for each vehicle in your fleet to help you know and measure your vehicle’s running.
#2 Use of technological advancements like blockchain
The advent of blockchain technology has enabled the logistics industry to rely on digital contracts. The use of this technology in your Uber freight app allows manufacturers, suppliers, customers, auditors, warehouse managers, and others to create a transparent and efficient system for recording transactions, tracking assets, and managing all documents involved in the logistics process.
Through blockchain solutions, one can easily manage everything from warehousing to delivery payments. If you are planning for a transparent and efficient supply chain through the freight app, consult a blockchain developer and ensure that all transactions are properly conducted and recorded at low-cost.
Key benefits of blockchain technology:
- Performance history management: You can easily check the performance of carriers and suppliers through a blockchain framework.
- Maintain a history of high-value assets: One should have an accurate record of assets to ensure its safety standards from the factory floor to delivery.
- Enhanced payment and pricing process: For a secured payment settlement, blockchain is safe and the information is easily accessible. The shippers will have more data to determine the rates.
- Prevent theft and detect theft: Through the common practice of notarization and nonrepudiation, shippers can securely track the creation and modification time of document or transaction. It can also contain detailed information and rules, such as photo IDs and rules for the pick-up and delivery of freight.
For more such blockchain benefits, you can contact our app consultants who are having an experience of over 13 years and have seen the app world change with the technological trends.
#3 Interactive feature integration to engage more audience online
To succeed in the Uber for trucking business, you need to integrate intuitive features for online users. The most trending interactive feature is a voice-controlled chatbot, which helps at several purchase points in a supply chain. It includes shopping, ordering, picking functionality. You can also integrate some other important and seamless features like:
- Registration and login
- List of vehicles
- Vehicle booking
- Location tracking
- Route optimization
- Fuel finder
- NFC and QR code reader
- Support for multiple languages
Therefore, if you as a trucking platform startup have made-up your mind to build an app for the transport and logistics industry, then you need to consider these tips during Uber freight app development.
Before ending the blog, let’s have a quick look at how can your Uber freight app development be in a constant business and generate revenue for a longer time period.
How Can You Make Money From Uber Freight App?
The ultimate approach to get money from your app is to establish a free platform. But the charges you are applying should be affordable to the truckers and shippers.
- Make your truckload sharing app free for drivers and charge the shippers according to the load.
- You can charge 10-20% payment counting from the estimated cost of cargo.
- Offer in-app premium services like secure transportation, customized package delivery.
Whichever you choose to make money from the trucking app, make sure you find an attractive deal for shippers and truckers at reasonable rates so that more and more individuals will be motivated to use your services. Cross-verify your app like Uber money making ideas with our experts and get a sane online presence in the market.
Being a logistics startup, you can effectively manage your business with fleet management solutions and eradicate the hassles, which could slow down the whole process of your trucking business.
If you have any ideas on developing an app like Uber freight for trucking business model, trucking app like Convoy, then you can discuss it with us as we are a leading logistics app development company and have already developed over 50 apps like Uber successfully and provided end-to-end solutions to businesses. Also, have a look at one of our clientele reviews, who is impressed by our quality of building apps.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion regarding Uber for truck solution, app development timeline, hire iPhone app developer, Uber freight app development cost, then you can get in touch with us through our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will revert to you as soon as possible. The consultation is completely free of cost.
You may like:
- Kargo Uber For Trucking App Development: 3 Important Lessons
- How Uber for Trucks Can Benefit the Trucking & Freight Industry
This page was last edited on May 26th, 2020, at 4:04.