This blog includes information for flower delivery startups & entrepreneurs. Breaking down three unique features of Bouqs & BloomThat app, which you can consider during Uber for flowers app development.
You might have heard one of the common phrases – there is an app for that! Talking about the floral niche, it has already become a billion dollars industry. Currently, the floral industry is valued at approximately $105 billion dollars.
However, flower delivery startups are also blooming. As per the report from CB Insights, “There are a number of on-demand flower delivery startups, which have already set the mark, and have taken this niche to the next level.”
There are three different on-demand flower delivery startups that have secured significant rounds within the first three weeks in 2017. Below is the image where you can see top on-demand flower delivery startup companies.
Herein, we’ll shed some light on one of the successful on-demand flower delivery startup companies i.e. The Bouqs and The BloomThat that is performing extremely well in the market.
Image Source: the bouqs
- Launched back in late 2012, the Bouqs company has radically disrupted the billion dollars floral industry.
- Headquartered in Venice, California, the Bouqs company connects farms and a network of artisan florists directly to consumers through an online platform.
- It provides an on-demand flower delivery platform, Bouqs app, allowing its app users to get fresh flowers by providing same-day delivery.
- In January 2013, The Bouqs raised $24M in Series C round of funding. The round led by Partech. Currently, the company is valued at $43.1M.
- According to the latest report from App Annie, you can see the download rank history of Bouqs app in Shopping category.
- Founded back in June 2013, BloomThat is a San Francisco-based flower delivery company, offering the next and same day flower delivery service.
- With total funding amount is $7.7M, the on-demand flower delivery app, BloomThat is currently available in the San Francisco Bay area, New York, and Los Angeles.
Image Source: apprecs
- The BloomThat app offers the next-day delivery throughout the United States.
- Like other on-demand companies, the BloomThat app also depends on three key services for delivery such as FedEx, UPS, and Deliv.
3 Unique Features That Flower Delivery Startups Need to Integrate Before Developing an App like Uber for Flowers
1. Allows to Book Now or Schedule The Service
After user registration, one of the core features, which is pivotal to consider is to allow your app users to book immediately or schedule the flower delivery service as per their convenience. Being a flower delivery startup company, you just need to consider an easy way to book now or schedule the floral services. It is important to consider such feature, which provides your app users with one of the easiest ways to book now or schedule and in-advance services. So, it is important to consider this main feature when developing an app like Uber for flowers.
Image Source: the bouqs
All you just need to provide your app users with a set of important features i.e. book now and in advance for flowers services. If you have made up your mind to create an app like Uber for flowers, then this is the highly recommended features to consider.
2. Real-time Tracking
One of the core features is to allow your app users to track flower delivery person in real-time. Once the Uber sets standards for on-demand delivery services, and it has already achieved new levels. So, this is one of the important features, which you need to consider before developing an on-demand flower delivery app.
Image Source: the bouqs
For real-time GPS tracking feature, it is important to determine the user’s device location in order to provide one of the effective services. In addition, one of the greatest benefits to provide such feature is the app users or customers can easily track their orders. Well, on-demand means fast and convenience. And, it is the heart of the real-time tracking feature, which is important to consider to retain your customers or app users for a long time.
Without including this important feature, you can’t complete the app like Uber for flower delivery. So, coming to the feature named as in-app payment and users can able to pay from a number of ways such as credit cards, debit cards, e-wallets like Apple Pay, Google Pay, and PayPal. All top of it, this is an essential feature, which you can’t take lightly during on-demand flower delivery app development.
Image Source: bouqs
While developing mobile app under on-demand solutions, it is important to hire a professional mobile app development company to have expertise in integrating payment gateway in Braintree, Stripe, PayPal, Adven, TrustCommerce, and PaymentExpress.
Other Highly Recommended Features
- Push Notifications
- Referral System
- Multi-lingual Support
- In-app Messaging
The Bottom Line
Undeniably, the on-demand flowery industry is booming and rapidly changing as time passes. However, there are huge opportunities for flower delivery startup companies to grow in near future.
So, being a flower delivery startup, if you want to delight your app users/ consumers, and are having an idea on the on-demand flower delivery, then you can cross-verify it with us. As we are a leading mobile app development company and have already developed over 3500 mobile applications along with diverse features and functionalities.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion regarding Uber for flowers app development, how long does it take to create an Uber flower delivery app or mobile-based floral delivery system or the cost of making an app like Uber flowers, then you can get in touch with us through our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will revert to you as soon as possible with the best flower delivery app solution. The consultation is absolutely free of cost.
You may also like:
- How BetterUp, Corporate Training App, Secured $26M with These 3 Core Features?
- App Like Uber for Flowers: 4 Factors Startups Need to Consider
This page was last edited on May 28th, 2020, at 8:25.