With abound of options to choose from, mobile app creators are often in a dilemma as to which platform or technology they should opt for. Obviously everyone wants to have all the best of the features and functions at the least possible cost; however, it is not that easy as one has to trade off a few things (at least as per the believed notion). So let’s consider the pros and cons of the cross platform mobile app development.
- Extended Reach: This is one of the greatest benefits one can have with cross platform mobile app development. Not only one can target the audiences on Apple App Store or Google Play or even their combination, but the reach can be extended to a huge mass available on all the mobile app stores.
- Takes less Time to Code, Deploy, Launch and Maintain/Update: Cross platform mobile app development lessens the effort and time to be invested in writing or amending the code which is otherwise extended when separate mobile app is developed for each platform. It helps to create mobile apps for almost all mobile devices with a single codebase.
- Reduces Cost of Development: The development effort is curtailed in cross platform mobile app development and therefore the cost is reduced. Developing mobile apps individually for each mobile platform can otherwise cost your very high.
- Fragmentation: There is a huge fragmentation in devices, operating systems and screen sizes. Creating cross platform compatible apps means designing apps that should be able to stretch and compress as per thousand different shapes of screens to render decent (if not great) experience across all the devices which are further powered by different operating systems. Even if we take a sole account of android, there’s a lot of fragmentation. Read in detail.
- App Store Compliance: Cross platform mobile app development should be conducted in a way that it is not violating the guidelines particularly those from Apple since the app has to undergo and clear the app submission process to get published on Apple App Store.
Cross platform mobile apps development offers bundle of benefits but it also brings a lot of challenges for your development team. Having said that one should not rule out the option completely without consideration or consulting to an expert. In case, if you have any query or confusion regarding cross-platform app development, then you can contact us for free initial support or no obligation quote.