This blog embraces information for startups and entrepreneurs. In this blog, we’ve curated three powerful solutions from Careem, which you can consider before developing the ride-hailing app like Uber.
In the marathon of successful taxi booking companies like Uber, there is a ride-hailing service provider company, Careem, which is a Unicorn company. According to the latest report from TechCrunch, “The Middle East’s Careem is the latest ride-sharing unicorn to get an India-based tech team.”
Moreover, Uber-Careem acquisition deal is reportedly in the works, as per the report from Bloomberg. Before jumping into the main section, it would be great to know more about Careem, the on-demand taxi booking service.
Image Source: careem
Careem: The Ride Hailing App like Uber
The Middle East-based taxi reservation app, Careem, is quite famous as the Uber’s biggest rivals, and it provides an online taxi booking system, which connects passengers or app users with local or nearby drivers. It also offers a marketplace of community drivers where passengers can request a ride on-demand.
- Founded in 2012, Careem is one of the strongest rivals of Uber in on-demand transportation that has secured $150 million in Series E round of funding.
- Careem’s valuation is over $1.2B and this on-demand transportation startup currently operates in 80 cities across the Middle East.
- Dubai-based ride-hailing app Careem announced that it has raised $200 million from backers including Kingdom Holding Company, the investment vehicle of Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal.
- Additionally, Careem voted as the “Best Local App of 2016” by Google Play Store”.
- According to the latest report from SimilarWeb, the taxi booking app, Careem has already performed well in the App Stores. Well, the Usage rank in Maps & Navigation and Google Play rank are #63 and #268 respectively. This is what you can see in the image.
- Furthermore, as per the report from App Annie, the download rank lies between #98 to #124 in the Apple App Store. This is what you can see in the image.
Now, let us move ahead and know the powerful solutions from Careem, which are worth considering before developing a ride-hailing app like Uber.
3 Powerful Solutions from Careem to Consider Before Developing Ride-Hailing App like Uber
1. Provides the Blend of Interesting Solutions
To develop a ride-hailing app like Careem, it is important to consider the blend of interesting solutions for your riders, which directly meet their requirements. The first and foremost thing is to make your riders’ lives easier by providing solutions in terms of online booking platform to book the ride. The simple answer is to simplify your riders’ lives by providing solutions, including booking to drop off and allowing your app users to pay off online for the ride.
So, you as a startup need to provide the blend of interesting solutions to your consumers or app users, and it could be the following:
- Pickup: Once the pickup location is confirmed of the users, the user can be allowed to add the specific details to make it even easier for the driver to locate the user. So, it is important to add the details, including building the name and street number.
Image Source: careem
- Type of Ride: To create an app like Uber for ride-hailing services, it is also important to provide the services that directly meet your riders’ needs. Also, it is important to allow your app users to pick the ride of their choices as per their convenience.
- The Fair Estimate: Your app users must know the fair estimation of the rides by typing the name, or dragging the map. Once it is added, your app user will see the estimated fair for the ride.
- Online Pay: When it is about convenience, online payment is an important factor to allow your app users to pay directly online from the app. However, the feature, online payment is worth to consider while developing a taxi booking app like Uber.
2. Affordability & Offering Choices to Your Riders
The next pivotal solution is to provide your app users the choices in terms of booking taxis. This is because in today’s world, consumers have a range of choices. So, it is important to consider such solution during taxi booking app development. Additionally, to offer choices is all about to meet your customers wherever they are, plus empowering them to make the right decisions.
Image Source: careem
Further, if we’re talking about the affordability, taxi booking app like Careem, focusing on making ride-hailing services affordable for people. Plus, helping to solve the transport issues, which people have been facing in their cities. So, this solution is worth considering to make a difference in your ride-hailing services.
Also, affordability solution would help you to develop a taxi booking app to compete over your rivals. Being a ride-hailing startup, if you have decided to create an app similar to Uber, then it is important to consider such important solutions.
3. Simplified the Scheduling
The next important solution is to simplify the scheduling services in taxi booking service. So, it is pivotal to allow your users to plan and schedule their rides for later or in advance with a new, simple date and time picker.
Image Source: Careem
Such solution provides convenience to your app users while booking the ride in advance. Being a startup, if you would like to create a ride-hailing app like Careem, you can include this solution to give tough competition to your rivals.
The Bottom Line
Well, the noteworthy category is “on-demand” as it includes ride-hailing services. And, this category includes the most valued private startups which are Uber, DiDi Chuxing, and Careem. According to the latest report from CB Insights, under the “on-demand” category, you can see the list of companies, including Lyft, Grab, Taxify, and Gett in the given image. However, these companies are all top ride-hailing startups across the world.
So, after analyzing this data, if you have made up your mind to develop an app like Careem or Uber, then it is high time to develop the ride-hailing app.
If you’re having any app idea regarding online taxi booking system, then you can cross-verify it with us as we are a leading taxi booking app development company and have already developed over 60 Uber-like apps with diverse features and unique functionalities like GPS real-time tracking, cross-platform ability, payment gateway integration, multi-lingual support, and visual calendar.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion regarding the app development cost of Uber-like apps or on-demand solutions, taxi reservation app development, how to make money with an app idea, how long does it take to create taxi booking app, mobile app developer needed for Uber-like app or looking to design and develop a mobile app, then you can get in touch with us through our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will revert to you as soon as possible. The consultation is absolutely free of cost.
You may also like:
- Taxi Booking App Development: You Can’t-Miss to Consider These 3 Solutions by Easy Taxi Before Developing an App like Uber for Ride Hailing Services
- Uber for Taxis: Don’t Forget to Consider These 3 Simple Tactics Before Taxi Booking App like Flywheel
This page was last edited on April 16th, 2020, at 6:01.