This blog includes information for sports tech startups and entrepreneurs. Curated a few important features, which you can consider during sports apps development.
Across the globe, one interest is common i.e sports, which is loved by all. Thanks to technology, which has already made easier for serious sports lovers. Whether the user is a die-hard fan of soccer or die-hard devotee of cricket, sports applications make users align as what’s going on in the games.
The Shape of Sports Global Market
Sports is one of the industries, which is at a faster pace in terms of growth. Let’s have a look at a few important stats from the report PR Newswire:
- In 2017, the global spectator sports market was valued at $265 billion. Western Europe was one of the largest geographic regions accounting for $87.4 billion or 33% of the global market.
- The US was the largest country accounting for $48.6 billion or 18.3% of the global spectator’s sports market.
- However, esports is a nascent market where the audience is growing quickly. Plus, there is a strong expectation of growth in revenue and other metrics.
- Sports industry leaders expect that the sector’s growth will continue at a healthy rate of 7% annually over the next 3 to 5 years.
- According to the report from Statista, “North America Sports market had a value of about 69.14 billion U.S. dollars in 2017. And, these figures are expected to rise to 80.3 billion by 2022.”
It is safe to say that the sports spectator market is going to flourish. But, are you interested to check the top sports apps by downloads for 2018? So, from the latest report from Sensor Tower’s Store Intelligence Platform:
A Few Important Stats from the Sensor Tower’s Report:
- Cricbuzz: This sports app was the top sports apps in 2018 by worldwide downloads along with close to 29 million installs. First-time installs of the Cricbuzz app grew by 17% year-over-year and out of which 63% were from India. According to the latest report, Cricbuzz has again secured the first position with over 10 million installs. 93% of those installs were from India, followed by 2.7% from Pakistan.
- FIFA: It was the second most downloaded sports app worldwide in 2018 with more than 17 million installs. And, an of about 16 times over 2017 due to the 2018 World Cup.
- As per the latest news from sensortower.com, ESPN was the second highest grossing sports app worldwide with close to $4.7 million in user spending, which represented 5.6x year-over-year growth from May 2018.
Image Source: fifa
4 Main Features to Develop Best Sports Apps like Cricbuzz, Onefootball & ESPN
1. Live Score, Updates, Stats & News
Your sports app users come to your app just because they want to know the latest scores, stats, and news. And, they want to be updated about the main highlights on the go. So, this is one of the core features, which make your sports apps like Cricbuzz & ESPN complete for viewers.
With this feature, you can provide convenience to your users and help sports enthusiasts to learn a new sport with the ease and comfort of their time. To build the best sports apps like Cricbuzz & Onefootball, this is one of the essential features for your viewers or app users.
2. Relevant Notifications for Upcoming Events
The feature ‘push notifications’ is one of the core features for the upcoming events related to sports matches for the upcoming events of matches. The key point is to understand the power of push notifications. However, you don’t need to fight for the attention of your app users. Due to the fact that this is one of the engaging features from which you can reach your customers by providing convenient services on the go.
Image Source: onefootball
Being a sports tech startup, if you are looking for a technology partner, which can help you to provide solutions where sports enthusiasts or lovers can enjoy the game and keep updated themselves, you can hire dedicated developer from leading mobile app development company.
3. On-Demand Sports Video and Highlights of Games
In order to increase your users’ engagement, it is important to offers on-demand sports videos in the demand of your users or viewers. However, it is important to provide the quality of broadcasts and every time your users watch. Furthermore, it is also important to provide solutions along with those features to your users, which provide content faster and easier at broadcast quality.
Image Source: espn
During sports app development, all you just need to provide solutions in terms of features, which give them easy access to diverse games. Whether it is about providing live streaming or a few important highlights of matches, it is important to consider this main feature to check the sporting events to any device and at any time or anywhere.
4. Bookings, Checking for Seat Availability & Social Media Integrations
Talking about other important features to integrate to develop best sports apps like Cricbuzz, Onefootball & ESPN, then you can provide a variety of services from which they can make most out of sports update apps like ESPN, FIFA or Onefootball. Your app users can easily book tickets for games directly from the app. Also, they can check the seat availability right from the sports app.
Furthermore, users can check the availability of seats for upcoming matches within the sports app. Additionally, users can also easily share what they feel like to share in different social media platforms with their friends.
Today, sports applications have made big strides in the sports industry. So, if you are having a sports app idea, which is worth sharing, then you can cross-verify it with us. We’re having a team of sports app developers, which can help you to make the right decision.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion regarding how much does it cost to create live sports apps like ESPN or Onefootball, how long does it take to create an app like Cricbuzz, mobile app development estimate for best sports news app or sports app developers cost, sports score apps Android timeline, then you can get in touch with us through our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will assist you shortly. In fact, 99% of our projects have been completed on time, on budget, and issue-free. So, got a mobile app idea in mind? Talk to us.
You may also like:
- What Does Make Netflix So Popular? Check Out 3 Winning Strategies Behind The Exponential Growth of Netflix App
- Fitness Apps Development: Consider 4 Features from Runkeeper
This page was last edited on May 15th, 2020, at 10:41.