This post includes information for eCommerce startups & entrepreneurs. Let’s quickly go through with a few main features from Wish shopping app, which you can consider during eCommerce app development.
Online shopping requires a high level of research and it takes extra research when it comes to where and when should one buy. eCommerce mobile apps like Amazon, Etsy, Walmart, and Target have already created a boom in the previous on the occasion of Black Friday.
Well, the most popular shopping app, Amazon, has topped the ranking of the most-installed shopping apps followed by Walmart, Target, and Wish. In this report from Sensor Tower, you can check out the top U.S. shopping apps for Black Friday 2018.
Before heading to the main section, let’s quickly go through with a few important statistics of mobile shopping apps.
A Few Important Statistics on Mobile Shopping Apps
- Retail eCommerce sales worldwide: In 2017, the retail e-commerce sales worldwide were 2304 (in billion US dollars), and it is expected to reach 4878 (in billion US dollars) by 2021, according to the report from Statista.
- eCommerce share of total global retail sales from 2015-2021: According to Statista, the statistics show e-commerce sales as a percent of global retail sales from 2015 to 2021. In the year 2017, the e-retail sales accounted for 10.2% of all retail sales worldwide. And, this growth is expected to reach 17.5% in 2021.
Worldwide, the growth of eCommerce shopping apps is at a faster pace. Online shopping is one of the most popular online activities across the world.
In the upcoming years, there are no signs of slowing down the growth of eCommerce shopping apps.
Wish: One of The Popular Shopping Apps
The Wish is currently one of the hyped shopping apps across the world. This eCommerce app has gained attention from customers due to its cheap price. Founded in 2010, the San Francisco Bay Area-based, Wish app provides online shopping platform in North America and Europe.
- Wish shopping app is currently ranked #3 in the shopping category in the Apple App Store.
- With the total funding amount of $1.3B, Wish secured multiple rounds of funding, and in the year of 2017, Wish secured an unknown amount in Secondary Market round of funding.
- According to the latest report from sensortower.com, Wish is the second most installed shopping app worldwide in April 2019 with over 8 million downloads. The countries with the highest downloads of Wish app were the U.S. at 20%, followed by Brazil at 14%.
- According to the latest report from sensortower.com, Wish is the top downloaded shopping app that consistently ranked in the top five from 2015 to 2018. This shopping app moved to the top of the charts in 2017 and continuing to clinch the spot in 2018.
- Wish app has also ranked among the most popular mobile shopping apps in the United States as of July 2018, according to the report from Statista. This is what you can see in this graph.
- The Google Play rank of Wish app is #3, according to the Similar Web’s report.
- Another report from App Annie, the performance in terms of download rank of the app has been constant from the few weeks. In this graph, you can check the complete stats about the app.
- In this image, you can see the current net sales in 2017 and 2016.
Now, let’s walk through the main features from Wish app, which you as a retail or eCommerce startups can consider while developing a successful shopping app like Wish.
4 Main Features to Consider Before Developing a Successful Shopping App like Wish
1. Sign-Up Form: Make it Easy for Everyone
This is one of the core features, allowing your users to easily sign-up for the app. Every age group only needs to follow some simple steps to sign-up. This is one of the common features that any e-commerce app does have. It is the heart of the shopping app. All you just need to make the process of sign-ups easier.
Image Source: wish
If you are interested in developing mobile app for shopping, then you can also consider autofill, autosuggest and autocomplete feature while filling up the sign-up form.
Moreover, you also need to take care that you don’t need to force your users to sign up with your shopping app, however, you can also allow guest checkouts. Further, offer to save their personal information if they want to do that, but you would not force them to do it. Furthermore, you can also allow your users to signup with different social media platforms like Facebook, Gmail or Twitter.
During shopping app development, consider this feature that is the must one, and make sure to make it simplest one.
2. Search: It Needs to be Simple
One of the main features is to allow your users to search for a product from a wide range of items for shopping. This feature must be simpler so that every age group can use it. To make this search feature simple, you need to define this feature clearly where the customers know where they need to tap and enter the text. And, they must clearly understand the search symbol.
Image Source: wish
Generally, people do understand the magnifying glass icon, which is one of the common icons. When people see this icon, they usually think that they have found the search box. You just need to make things simpler for your users whenever they explore the shopping app.
The search feature is a must which you need to put some extra efforts to make it simpler for everyone while developing shopping app like Wish.
3. Push Notifications
The next core feature is push notifications, which is pretty essential to consider during eCommerce app development. By considering such feature, you can send messages or notifications about personalized promo deals and flash sales announcements. At first, such a feature looks not much important, but it plays an important role in shopping or e-commerce apps.
Image Source: gleantap
Furthermore, you can also provide follow-ups when there are incomplete purchases through a shopping app like Wish. Plus, by including this feature, it will keep your users updated about the status of order delivery. In addition, if you are having a physical store, then you can target your customers with personalized push messages.
4. Payment Gateway Integration
While developing a successful shopping app like Wish, one of the distinctive features is in-app payments. There is hardly any e-commerce app, which is without an in-app payment feature. As an eCommerce startup, if you’ve already made up your mind to create an app for shopping application like Wish, then you need to allow your users to make payments in diverse ways, including credit/debit cards, net banking, PayPal, Amazon Pay, and e-wallets. If you provide more options to your users, then it provides convenience to them while shopping with your shopping app.
Image Source: wish
If you are running a physical store and want to turn your store into a shopping app, then these features are essential ones during shopping app development.
Well, after going through with this blog, it is safe to say that the craze of online shopping is going to remain across the world. And, it will remain the popular choice for businesses and investments.
Being an e-commerce startup, if you are planning to create a shopping app like Wish, then it is a high time to develop one. This is because mobile shopping apps can attract the audience with greater engagement.
So, if you are having an app idea on cheap shopping apps like Wish, you can cross verify your app idea with us as we’re a leading iOS/Android application development company. And, we’ve already developed over 1500 Android apps for businesses with unique features and functionalities.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion regarding the cost of making an app like Wish, how long does it take to make an app for shopping like Wish, how to patent app ideas like wish online shopping app, tech specialists or Indian app developers cost, Amazon-like app development, app development cost for shopping app or mobile marketplace app, best cheap shopping apps like wish cost, then you can get in touch with us through our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will revert to you as soon as possible with wish mobile app suggestion. Our client’s happiness is our guarantee.
You may also like: