Did You Know?
The days of guide, compass, maps and other papers have gone, and have already been replaced by the the website. All has gone online. Now it’s time for mobile apps to surpass the websites and making the online stuffs more portable and mobile.
You do, don’t you? Even as it is you may be one of those million and billion people who use an app to get things done.
Statistics 2015 say that the travel and tourism is a huge, a 6.3 trillion dollar, industry and if you own a travel business, then some of this amount as well. But this is not going to be stable. Changes are already happening along the line and you need to fly with the changes.
Do You Own A Travel Business?
If yes, then heed the following words well. Apps are changing the look of every industry including tourism. Apps are mobile and accessible. Once a user, in this case a traveller finds a reliable and easy to use app, they would choose to plan their trip using that app, instead of visiting the travel agent’s shop every other day. When one app answers all the travel related questions, then why would one make the efforts to go to different places for ticket bookings and hotel booking as well. While the smartphone users are adapting to mobile app solutions in every field, it is important that you adapt to mobility as well.
Have an app for your travel and tourism business.
Interesting Facts About Travel Apps vs. Travel Websites
According to the GoodWorkLabs,
- 85% use smartphones to plan their travel when on leisure tours
- The 7th most downloaded app category
- 30% use mobile apps to find the best hotel deals
- 29% use mobile apps to find the best flight deals
These and more facts have been established by the GoodWorkLabs, as a proof to the fact that people have been moving on and it is important for your business, startup, enterprise to basically keep moving with the world, at the very speed and may be even faster to be successful.
How mobile apps are being used in travel & tourism industry?
As a Travel Guide
You won’t have to lug around a guidebook.
Portability of Device:
Mobiles are, it is unnecessary to say, mobile. They are devices everyone carries with themselves anyway. If with such a device, solutions can be found, then why go anywhere else for the same reason. It can be used for not only pre-travel preparations but also while in the tour. Using the apps’ GPS feature, you can make sure you always stay on the right track.
Apps For Everything:
Travel and tourism apps helps one in planning for every minute decision. From tickets for the flight/bus/train to booking hotels and resorts and from there to planning the whole trip by taking suggestions from the app about landmarks and visitable locations and more. People may also plan their meals, by seeing the list of the best restaurant at your destination.
Smartphones and smartphone apps are more interactive and responsive than the websites; may it be mobile friendly website or the PC acquainted websites. Apps’ icon sets its icon on the user’s home page and therefore there is no need for anyone to go searching on the browser and then take the charge of choosing the best website. If you have an app then the chances for direct connection with the users increases many folds.
As mentioned above, a tourism app makes sure it guides you from the tip to the toe. This means that it reduces the efforts tourists have to put in in order to organize a trip, arrange for guides and more. It also reduces the overall cost as there is no agent involved in any of these plans and bookings made.
As a Booking Tool
No trip can begin without first booking your flight and accommodations.
Once all the information has been found and processed by the user, all that they need to do is:
- Plan the budget and based on that start booking
- Choose from the given range of hotels and lounges, and book for the dates decided by you. If one hotel is booked completely, then choose another one from the same app, of the same kind and budget.
- Decide the means of transportation, compare the prices and book the seats, whether it be a flight or a train. Or be it a cab for sightseeing and more.
- e-tickets can work just as fine as the formal tickets. Book your tickets on the app and just show the generated ticket on the counter. Your job is done with less paperwork.
- Now you can get options for payment. Do you want to pay using the app, with your cards or do you want to use cash/ cheque. things become simpler with a few more options added to your pocket.
- According to the report by MasterCard, 37 per cent of Indians and 34 per cent of Chinese surveyed have already been using smartphone travel apps at least once a month.
Let us take a look at the success of the MakeMyTrip app. According to MakeMyTrip, ‘The growth of hotel bookings on mobile has been fuelled largely by last-minute bookings.’ As per the statistics given, 53% of the overall domestic hotel bookings last month, ie. June 2015, came through Smartphones, while in 2014, this ratio was merely half of what is is now, 29% of overall hotel bookings.
These statistics provides enough data so as to show that slowly and gradually every industry is moving on with the changes of the time, including the travel industry. If you dont move on too then the effects will be seen, on your business, sooner or later. Apps are becoming the solution providing potion for everyone and there is no stopping it. Changes may not make you feel comfortable, but they are necessary.