This blog is for wellness and self-care startups and entrepreneurs. By the end of this post, you will unlock 3 winning strategies of Headspace, top meditation app, to consider while developing an app for meditation.
Today, smartphones have touched every single aspect of our life, giving both positive and negative impacts.
Looking at the negative impact, some say that smartphones make us unproductive. And considering the positive impact, smartphones easily connect us with different things. It depends on how you use them in your daily life.
In fact, there are millions of people across the world, who use smartphones for mediation. Yes, people use the best meditation apps whenever they feel anxious or have trouble sleeping.
Thanks to meditation apps like Headspace, Calm, and Insight Timer that are helping millions of people to get relax and reduce stress. Digging deeper into the meditation app, Headspace, let’s know more about this successful mindfulness application.
Headspace: The Second Most Downloaded Meditation App
- Launched back in 2010 by Andy Puddicombe and Richard Pierson, Headspace has one main mission that is “to improve the health and happiness of the world”.
- Headquartered in Santa Monica, California, this guided meditation app has millions of users in more than 190 countries.
- According to the sensortower.com, Headspace app was the second most downloaded meditation app in the U.S. with over 5 million installs in 2018 as shown in the image.
Image Source: SensorTower
- As per the same report, this stress relief app secured gross revenue of over $20 million in the past 12 months. Moreover, the total amount that the Headspace app has raised in the funding to date is $73.7 million.
- In fact, there are more than 250 companies worldwide that offer Headspace app subscription to their employees to give stress-free life.
- Additionally, this app offers a broad range of meditations and the most useful and guided sessions for beginners and veteran. Using this app, users search meditations by topic, organize them in packs, and adjust the duration of a session.
- As per the recent news from Businesswire.com, Headspace announced it has officially launched a German-language offering, marking the first time the company has launched a non-English meditation product.
Moving ahead, let’s check out the 3 winning strategies of this successful meditation app that health and wellness startups can consider.
3 Winning Strategies to Consider Before Developing Successful Meditation Apps like Headspace & Calm
1. A Meditation App for Everyone from Beginners to Veteran Meditators
If you are reading this strategy, then you must have made up your mind to develop one of the best daily meditation apps like Headspace and Calm. The main thing to consider is – to develop a meditation app for everyone from beginners to experienced meditators.
Make sure that you develop one such app for meditation that has something for everyone whether it is for kids, youngsters, or veteran meditators. Like Headspace and Insight Timer, you can include meditation and mindfulness training sessions. The sessions must teach users everything like how to breathe, meditate, and live attentively.
Apart from the sessions, provide your app users with exercises on everything like stress relief, anxiety, happiness, focus, and sleep. By making a meditation app for everyone like kids, youngsters and adults, you can target a wider audience.
Moreover, use machine learning algorithms in your meditation app to easily analyze what session a user has already listened to and offer him/her similar sessions to improve his experience.
2. Comprehending the Needs of Meditators & Provide Solutions
Meditation is becoming more popular with every coming year because everyone has a stressful life. Whether it is kids, youngsters, or adults, almost all the people are facing stress in their life. Talking about kids, they have the stress of studies while youngsters and adults face career and work stress. Therefore, everyone needs meditation guidance through sessions.
So, it is important that you develop a meditation app after comprehending the needs of your targeted audience and provide a solution through your application. Know what type of stress and anxiety people are facing and provide guided meditation and mindfulness sessions.
In case, if users are facing sleep issues, you can provide sleep meditations and sleep sounds that are mainly designed for users to feel relax. Build solutions around the needs of restless sleepers and depression, allowing people to quickly access to the guide.
In fact, try to include some personal growth meditation courses on happiness, appreciation, relationships, patience, kindness, etc. In short, you can try to fulfil the needs of all the meditators.
3. Providing a Right Set of Features
It is not enough to develop mindfulness app like Headspace. It is must that you provide your app users with a right set of features that are easy-to-access. Include some of the exclusive features that add value to your users’ lives.
If you don’t want to leave your app users frustrated, make sure to create a comprehensible onboarding screen. Don’t try to explain all the features at once as it can confuse your users. Taking an example of Headspace meditation app, it has one-minute long animated video, giving an introduction to the app.
Moreover, you can provide your users with some of the top features like
- Guided Meditation
- Mindfulness and Meditation Exercises
- Sessions on Everything from Stress to Happiness
- Ability to Track Daily Progress and Meditation Time
- Notifications & Reminders
- Bed-time Stories & Sounds
- One-to-one Chat Support
Along with these, you can include other features after researching and analyzing your users’ needs.
Are You Ready to Convert Your Meditation App Idea into a Successful Application?
Developing a meditation app like Calm or Headspace seems a great idea in this booming self-care industry. Looking at some data and reports from multiple app store intelligence firms, the self-care apps category is seeing notable growth.
In fact, in the first quarter of 2018, the top 10 grossing self-care apps in the U.S. earned $15 million in combined iOS and Android revenue, and $27 million in worldwide revenue, according to Sensor Tower.
In addition, the firm also found that the top 10 mindfulness and meditation apps made approximately 170% higher revenue in Q1 2018 compared to the previous year. So, if you have decided to develop a mindful meditation app and looking for mobile app developers for long-term project, discuss your requirements with us. We are a leading iPhone app development company and already helped over 3000 businesses to optimize their business through a mobile app in the mobile app development industry.
In case, if you still have any query like how much does it cost to create a meditation app like Headspace or how to make money with meditation app, just fill our contact us form. One of our sales representatives will get back to you, who is always happy to advise you on the best technical solutions. The consultation won’t cost you any money.
You may also like: