Below are some of very common questions that we receive at Space-O from our clients who are new to the process of development of iOS / Android Application. At Space-O we have systems & process that guide our clients in a manner that ensures that there app gets to iTunes and in a manner that optimizes successful sales.
FAQ for Development of Mobile Application: Many of our clients have asked below questions and we are putting that on our profile so it will help you a lot if this is your first mobile application.
Q: Who is responsible for the interaction with Apple?
- We (Space-O) can take full charge of this aspect on your behalf although if you wish to sell the app under your own personal or company name we have to undertake some relevant documentation to cover this. However, we are well versed in these processes and will guide you smoothly through the whole procedure.
- Likewise, regarding the Apple App Store requirements for approval, you need have no concerns as we will liaise on your behalf with Apple representatives to ensure the application reaches the App Store in the shortest possible time.
Q: Who owns the idea – and the source code?
- Mostly in all the cases you own the source code and copyrights unless you want us look for alternatives or joint ventures.
Q: Are you able to write the scope pertaining to the project?
- Of course. Not problem at all with this area. We are experienced, logically, in writing a completely functional scope for your given project. Even more, we can offer you and a technical breakdown if you are interested in this aspect of the app development.
- We would normally present this to you in PDF format. However, if you wish to re-brand to your company’s profile with a view to presenting to your clients we can easily set you up with an InDesign CS file that will allow you to do this.
Q: Since you self publish app can you tell me why you wouldn’t take advantage of our idea and produce it yourself?
- Most importantly we just don’t do that! It simply isn’t professional nor ethical. Our company is really happy to say it is extremely transparent in its actions and policies, so you should have no worries on this front. Also it is obvious that the Apple App Store is so much is public view that it would be so simple for someone to pick up on this and point a finger. Not nice, so we simply wouldn’t do it!
Q: How would it work if we are an advertising agency with clients requiring these apps?
- Our range of services is very wide-reaching and includes full consultancy. This incorporates using our team as a sounding board for ideas and actual scope writing itself. We can easily produce a complete scope document – and even a mock-up on certain occasions – to present to your client on for example an iPhone or iPod Touch. From here on we will be working for you. You can consider us as if we were your own personal in-house development team. Needless to say we are available upon request, flexible to your requirements and deliver the results in the time frame agreed.
Q: Are you willing to advise us with ideas?
- Most definitely. We are willing to participate via Skype or iChat for example at no cost to yourself.
- Our aim is to help you to help our team develop the most creative ideas on the market.
Q: In order to provide us with a quote what would you need from us?
- We are able to offer you two options – pricing on either project or hourly rate basis. To provide you with a realistic price quote we require a comprehensive overview that explains the application in as much detail as possible. If needed we can then get back to you for clarification or more specific details before presenting you with our quote in writing. Our policy is to take a quotation as a contract when accepted and therefore adhere to it strictly. However, it is understandable that if the original specifications were to vary significantly at any time we may have to revise and recalculate. In general though small variations are acceptable.
Q: How do you protect our ideas or Do you sign NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement)?
- We are ready to sign Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) if you need one. Also if you don’t have the copy of one such contract then we can use the Sample NDA provided by Elance.
Q: Do you provide Graphics design and illustrations services?
- We can adopt your graphics designs or we can produce them as per your taste and inputs, we have our own graphics team.
If you are planning for development on an iPhone / Android Application please contact us.