IT Consumerization is the compelling and the game changing factor that is redefining the way enterprises are operating. But even when we look beyond the trend, enterprise mobility is emerging as more of a necessity due to the promise and the potential it holds for the organizations.
Despite there are some common questions that arise in our minds when we try to determine the extent of the value to be derived through the implementation of enterprise mobility. A few of such common questions may include following:
Q. What are the benefits of enterprise mobility?
- Increased productivity: As per recent iPass Global Mobile Workforce Report study, employees who have mobile access work an extra 8 hours per week, on average.
- Faster decision making: Access to real time information and data facilitates quick decision making which ultimately contributes in more business.
- Flexible operability: Flexibility to operate from anywhere allows employees to serve ad-hoc needs and requirements of the organization.
- Remote connectivity: Regardless of the geographical location team members can operate in sync by being in touch with one another.
Q. What are the challenges of enterprise mobility?
- Data Governance and Security: The biggest challenge of enterprise mobility is protecting the corporate data while ensuring the seamless exchange of information among workers on mobile devices. Further usage of mobile devices to handle and store corporate data is a risky affair if enterprises cannot control the access to data on a device that is lost or stolen.
- Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and ROI: Another major challenge that organizations face is the cost effective implementation of the enterprise mobility solution in order to balance the Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) and Return on Investment (ROI). Now the TCO is the aggregate of the cost of the hardware, software, installation, training, wireless data services or plan, maintenance, etc. to be used for mobilizing enterprise.
Do you have other such questions related with enterprise mobility? Talk to us, we offer a free initial consultation.