Over the past few years, the transportation industry has been growing rapidly. If you’ve been following the fast-changing transportation industry, there is a word, which you may sound familiar with the electric scooters or e-scooters that are two or three-wheeled vehicles.
A new way of commute, e-scooter has already created a buzz in transportation services. The charging time that is required to charge these e-scooters is extremely low that is why it has become the hottest trend among people. With the increasing demand for e-scooters, there are numerous startup companies, which are investing heavily in this area in order to ease transportation.
If we’re talking about the e-scooters, then we can’t forget to mention a very new dockless electric scooter company, Bird, which is based in Santa Monica, California. The company was founded by former Uber and Lyft executive, Travis VanderZanden in 2017.
Recently, this e-scooter company, Bird has officially raised a whopping $300 million in a round led by Sequoia Capital. However, the total valuation of the e-scooter startup, Bird is over $2 billion.
Furthermore, as per the latest report from TechCrunch, “The city of U.S., Santa Monica will allow Lime, Bird, Lyft, and JUMP to open e-scooters.” And, Bird’s dockless electric scooters are now available in Mexico City, Latin America, and it will be launched soon in Brazil.
According to another latest report from inews.co.uk, Bird has launched on-demand electric scooter app in the London, United Kingdom. It is the UK’s first on-demand escooter app following successful launches in the US and across Europe. Moreover, the company, Bird, has already installed a fleet of 50 electric scooters in the capital’s Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park for use along with a specific mile-long route between Stratford station and the Here East technology campus.
As per another news from TechCrunch, Bird, electric scooter startup, is about to extend its Series C funding with an additional $300 million led by cross-over investor Fidelity. As of now, the company, Bird, has declined to comment, but so far, it has raised more than $400 million in venture capital funding.
How Has Bird become ‘The Uber’ of Electric Scooters?
Basically, the e-scooters are designed to be used for a relatively short trip to simplified the commute. The electric vehicle sharing startup company, Bird provides the last-mile electric vehicle solution.
Well, less than a month after announcing $15 million in Series A funding, Bird is advancing rapidly in Santa Monica, California. Bird’s stylish matte scooters go about 15 miles per charge. However, currently, Bird scooters are available in three cities, including Santa Monica, Westwood, and San Diego. However, Bird is also looking to expand into Europe, too.
- Fundamentally, the app, Bird uses a network of contractors to pick up and recharge the vehicle overnight, before putting them out again for the next day.
- This e-scooter app provides the last mile solution for fast rides at an initial cost of $1 and 15 cents per minute traveled.
- When it comes to a total number of rides, more than 250,000 rides had been taken on bird’s scooters.
- Well, the very famous American e-scooter company, Bird needs no introduction as of now. As it has already on a path of rapid growth. According to the latest report from Crunchbase, “The Uber of electric scooters, Bird has crossed the 10 million ride mark.” With $2 billion valuations and Bird has completed over 10 million rides. And, here’s the proof, which you can see in the image below.
- As per the latest report from TechCrunch, “Currently, Bird is valued worth of $2 billion, and it is among one of the e-scooter companies, which has massive funding rounds. This is what you can see this image.
According to the latest news, Bird has found a way to claim some market share in San Francisco. The company is using its business license in San Francisco to introduce monthly personal rentals in the city. The program enables people to rent a scooter for $24.99 a month with no cap on the number of rides.
- Talking about the growth of this app, you can check the below-given graph, which is constant in-app ranking i.e. #1 at Google Play Store.
- Believe it or not, the electric scooters have been a hit. As more than 40,000 users have taken the ride since the emergence of dockless electric scooter Bird.
- In this image, you can see the download rank of Bird app, according to the latest report from App Annie.
- The e-scooter goliath, Bird is also launching its new program i.e. Bird platform in New Zealand, Canada, and Latin America in the upcoming weeks, as per the latest report from Techcrunch.
Forging ahead, and let us check out the top features that are worth considering before building an e-scooter app like Bird. Let’s have a look!
Want to build your own e-scooter app?
Get your free consultation now.
Give a Thought to These 4 Powerful Features Before Creating E-scooter App like Bird
1. Directs Users to Unlock And Reserve The Scooter Nearby
With the aim of transforming commute, there is a core feature, which is hard to neglect. After downloading the app, it directs users to find available e-scooters nearby. However, an individual, who wants to book a scooter, this handy feature allows him/her to seamlessly reserve the scooters in the fraction of seconds. Moreover, it also allows users to unlock the scooters in the simplest ways. This type of feature is worth-including because it helps riders to reserve the e-scooter with just a few taps.
Well, a very well-organized app is always liked by millions. So, if you are planning to create an app like Bird, then don’t forget to consider the concept of “well-organized app with the simplest features” as what Bird app did.
2. Start The Ride By Just Scanning The Barcode Within The App
As more and more consumers are moving towards electric vehicles, then there’s a significant increase in the adoption of e-scooters. However, the next handy feature allows e-scooter app users to start the ride by just scanning the barcode within the app.
According to the report, “The Global Electric Scooters and Motorcycles market size is expected to be valued at the US $19.3 billion in the year 2018, and it is predicted that it will register a CAGR of 7.8% between 2017 to 2028”. The picture is clearer now. And, we can say that it is high time when you can plan to develop an electric scooter app like Bird.
3. Allows Users to End Their Ride By Locking The E-Scooter Using the App
The third important feature of Bird is that the users can safely lock e-scooters after ending their ride using the app. This feature is all about security as it provides users with a peace of mind. No matter where users park their scooters, this feature enables them to lock the vehicle using the mobile app. Therefore, it is a worth-including feature when it comes to developing electric vehicle sharing.
4. Safety Campaigns to Guide The Users for Riding Safe
Now, moving towards the last but not the least feature is – safety campaigns to teach their app users to drive safely. The main objective of the electric vehicle is to provide safer, more convenient and cleaner transportation alternatives. Moreover, it also guides them regarding where to ride, how to start the vehicle and where to park the e-scooter after completing the ride.
After seeing aforesaid top features of the electronic vehicle app, it is safe to say that an app like Bird could help people whether they are students at colleges or people who are seeking a safe and easy option to commute.
Can Your Idea Give Your Startup Company a Big Hit?
Southern California has been continually embracing the dockless electric scooter platforms so far. Considering the constant growth, the two popular San-Francisco based bike-sharing companies, named Spin and LimeBike have announced that they are also working on e-scooters, according to the report from TechCrunch. Therefore, it is clear that the concept of the electric vehicle is going to flourish in the near future.
So, being a startup, if you ever found yourself stuck with any particular idea on e-scooter apps and you believe that idea could be a great hit, don’t let it fade away. Because you never know where a simple thought or idea can take you! If you want to build an on-demand app solution for bikes and e-scooters, then it is a high time to develop a bike ride-sharing application.
All you can do is consult us and discuss your idea as we are a leading iPhone app development company that have successfully developed more than 3500 apps.
In case, if you still have any query or confusion regarding battery technology, e-scooter app development cost, and on-demand e-Scooter app development, how long does it take to create bird-like features, just fill-up our contact us form and our team is always happy to advise you on the best technical solutions. The consultation is absolutely free of cost.
You may also like: