This blog comprises information for startups and entrepreneurs. Herein we have rounded up three surreal features of Badoo app, which you can consider during dating app development. Let’s check out what are these?
Needless to say, there is an exponential growth in the niche of the dating app industry. This is due to the fact that the technology has radically changed the way people hook up. With the increasing demand and the craze of online dating, its popularity among youth has been increasing ever since Match.com outburst in the mid-90s. In the niche ‘online dating’, let us check out the important data from Statista.com:
- The revenue of the ‘online dating’ segment amounts to US$1,383 million in 2018.
- Currently, the average revenue per user (ARPU) amounts to US$4.70.
- It is expected that the revenue of ‘online dating’ will increase an annual growth rate to (CAGR 2018-2022) 3.9% and resulting in the market volume of US$1,610 million by 2022.
- From a global comparison perspective, it is shown that the most revenue is generated from the United States i.e. US$590 million in 2018.
Well, the online dating market has exponential growth. Moreover, you must have heard of a number of successful and most popular chat and dating apps like Tinder, Zoosk, Happn, and Bumble. But, there is another successful dating app named Badoo which is performing exceptionally well among youth. According to the report from TechCrunch, “One of the Tinder like apps, Badoo has planned to drop the swipe from its dating app as it is testing live video broadcasts.” Let’s know more about this popular dating app.
Image Source: sheunplugged
How is Badoo Different From Other Dating Apps?
The UK-based dating app, Badoo, is all about the real dates, but it is not merely about the “matches” or “swiping”. However, the app is built on the data, which it uses to form better matches between app users. The dating app enables users to meet people as per their preferences. Moreover, it lets users choose whether they want to meet new people to date, chat or just want to make new friends. In addition, the user can chat, match with others as well as share their interests and see any friends in common.
Image Source: badoo
Insights of Badoo Dating App
Check out some facts which claim that Badoo is a successful online dating app.
- Over 400,000 new people are signing-up on regular basis with Badoo that is one of the world’s largest chat and dating apps.
- Badoo has total 388 million app users across 190 countries. Moreover, it is available in 47 different languages.
- Over 350 million messages are sent and 10 million photos are shared on the Badoo dating app.
The app has a total of 60 million monthly active users, which you can check in the below-given image.
Image Source: badoo
- Talking about the Badoo app ranking across the U.S., the app is ranked #5, according to SimilarWeb. In addition, you can also check the usage graph and Google Play rank, i.e. #15 and #20 respectively.
3 Surreal Features that Need to be Considered Before Developing a Successful Dating App like Badoo
1. Live Video Chat
Well, behind the success of dating app, Badoo is its “live video chat” feature. This unique and useful feature is worth including while developing chat and dating apps like Badoo. With this feature, your app users can send messages during the live session that work on the same principle similar to Facebook Live, where users can catch widely live broadcast streams or watch them in playback mode.
Once the match is completed, the app user can start a live video chat with the match. Undeniably, such feature plays an important role if you are planning to create a dating app that loved by users.
The ‘Live video’ is one of the core features that can help you to enhance the safety of your dating app. Also, such a feature can be a way for users to know the strangers whether they seem trustworthy before the meeting. In short, this feature will give clarity to your users with whom they are talking.
2. Encounters (Matching)
As you already know that the swiping gesture is quite common in the world of dating apps. Especially, dating app like Tinder has made swiping feature extremely common.
Image Source: bamboo
However, to build chat and dating apps like Badoo, the ‘encounters’ feature is pivotal to include with a minimum of fuss. With ‘encounters’ feature, your user can swipe right for ‘yes’ or left for ‘no’ on other users’ profiles. If there is a match, the two users are notified. Well, this is one of the core features, which is highly recommended to consider in your dating app.
3. Real-time Messaging
Another core feature, which is absolutely important is real-time messaging that allows users to send/receive messages in real-time.
Being a startup, all you just need to consider the following points before developing one of the successful dating apps like Tinder and Bumble:
- Your app users must be able to send free and unlimited messages like other dating apps like Badoo and Tinder.
- As we have already described the ‘Live video chat’ feature, which is also essential for your dating app.
- For safety and security purpose, you can encourage your female users to initiate when it comes to messaging.
Make sure that you don’t miss to include the above-mentioned features during dating app development.
Being an entrepreneur or startup, developing a dating app like Badoo will give your app users a chance to find true personalities in matches, and they can interact in real time for more genuine connections. If you have a slew of questions like:
- How much does it cost to develop Tinder like dating app?
- How to build location-based dating apps like Tinder?
- How can I monetize my chat and dating app like Tinder?
- What is the importance of developing MVP of Tinder dating app?
Then you can get in touch with us as we are a leading mobile app development company and have already developed over 3500 mobile applications. All you need to do is just fill up the below-given form and one of our sales representatives will revert to you as soon as possible. The consultation is completely free of cost.
You may also like: