mHealth is emerging as an industry in itself since a huge mass of audience is using mobile health apps to receive health care services. If you want to target such an audience, then below mentioned key stats must help to plan your mobile health app development pertinently.
- mHealth application market is estimated to touch $26 billion by 2017, according to a report by Research2Guidance.
- The global mobile health app market has a staggering CAGR of 25.5% with sleep and meditation, and weight loss apps anticipated to grow at the highest CAGR. Having said that, exercise apps are yet dominating the healthcare apps market with just less than 1/5th of the share.
- Food and Drug Administration (FDA) officials estimate that 500 million smartphone users across the globe will use some kind of health app by 2015.
- A recent survey by Deloitte showed that 43% of doctors (out of 613 polled physicians) use smartphones or tablets for clinical purposes.
- According to Pew Internet, 9 in 10 caregivers own a mobile phone and 1/3rd have used it to get health information.
- Again as per the same report published by Pew Internet in June 2013, 59% of caregivers with internet access say that online resources have been helpful to their ability to provide care and support for the person in their care.
- The Health market in North America is expected to grow at a Compound Annual Growth Rate of 7.4% reaching $31.3 Billion by 2017 from $21.9 billion last year.
- The mhealth market is broadly categorized into healthcare apps and connected medical device (which is going to rule the revenue market with around 80% in 2013). But developers have to keep in mind the final FDA guidelines as per which the agency will regulate a mobile app, which transforms a mobile platform into a regulated medical device, and is intended for use in performing a medical device function. Know more about the 3 types of mHealth apps FDA will regulate.
Should you have questions or queries related with mobile health app development, please feel free to contact us.