Mobile payment technologies are constantly evolving, lending us the new means and methods to market our apps and revolutionize our mobile app development. Direct Carrier Billing or Direct Operator Billing (as termed in USA) is one such mechanism, with which opportunities are abound but yet not fully tapped (particularly by developers).
Now in case you are wondering how big the market or the extent of opportunity is; here is the statistics on that:
As per Juniper Research,
- Direct Carrier Billing offers the opportunity to target customers who are either unwilling to register their credit cards online or the unbanked audience (more than 2.5 billion adults across the globe).
- Revenues from Direct Carrier Billing are expected to rise from $2 billion in 2012 to more than $13 billion by 2017.
- Nokia and BlackBerry have acknowledged that the implementation of direct operator billing results in 5-6 times increase in conversion rates. In fact, Nokia Store offers operator billing supported by 145 operators, across 52 markets.
- Amdocs annually processes more than 250 million transactions with a value of more than $2 billion.
- Sales in Google Play processed via carrier billing by Amdocs for leading NA operators tripled in revenues last year.
According to txtNation,
- Conversion rates go up to 85 per cent where Operator Billing is available; compared to credit card payments, which can be as low as 7 per cent.
Know more about how you can capitalize direct carrier or operator billing option.
To discuss on how you can incorporate direct operator billing option in your mobile app, contact here.